FASSPASS made its first appearance in Disney Parks when Animal Kingdom opened in 1998. Although the park does not have numerous attractions, its spectacular safari and roller coaster are heavy draws. Since many people leave Animal Kingdom before the park closes, many rides have short waits during the last hour of operation.
Content below is meant to accompany our general advice on FASTPASS at Walt Disney World.
Specific notes about touring FASTPASS attractions in Animal Kingdom follow:
- Obtain FASTPASS tickets for Expedition Everest as early in the day as possible.
- FASTPASS enables you to postpone a wet ride like Kali River Rapids to a warmer part of the day.
- If it is a cold day, do not bother with FASTPASS for Kali River Rapids. Lines will be short on cold days.
- FASTPASS kiosks for DINOSAUR are to the right as you approach the attraction's entrance. However, they are hidden behind lush landscaping so that it is hard to see the FASTPASS kiosks or the FASTPASS return window from a distance. Use our Lines mobile app to determine the FASTPASS return window from your smartphone, and ask a cast member if you cannot find the kiosks.
- Expedition Everest has a single rider line. If you do not mind having each member of your party ride in a separate car or train, this can save you time without using FASTPASS.