Description And Comments
This 2,000 seat theater is DCA's premier venue for live productions, many of which are based on Disney animated films and feature Disney characters. Shows exhibit Broadway quality in every sense, except duration of the presentation, and alone are arguably worth the price of theme-park admission.
For now, Disney's Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular, is continuing its run as the most elaborate show staged at any stateside Disney theme park.
A breezy stage version of the Aladdin story, it features familiar film tunes ("Friend Like Me" and "Prince Ali") plus one newly written ballad, along with jaw-dropping overhead flying carpet effects. We rate it not to be missed, thanks largely to the actors playing the Genie, who are given remarkably long leashes to ad lib up-to-the-minute pop-culture references that sail right over younger audience members' heads.
In the evening, the Hyperion is sometimes used as a stage for separate-admission concerts and special events.
The lavish productions hosted by the Hyperion Theater are rightly very popular and commonly sell out on busier days. Presentations are described, and showtimes listed, in the park Times Guide. The theater is multilevel. Though all seats provide a good line of sight, we recommend sitting on the ground level relatively close to the entrance doors (if possible) to facilitate an easy exit after the performance. Finally, be forewarned that the sound volume for Hyperion Theater productions would give heavy-metal rock concerts a good run for the money.
- We rate this attraction as Not To Be Missed.
Great venue, not to be missed
Other Attractions in Hollywood Land
- Animation Academy
- Anna & Elsa's Royal Welcome FASTPASS Kiosk
- Character Close-Up
- Diamond Mad T Party
- Disney Junior - Live on Stage!
- Disneyland Resort All-American College Band presented by Yamaha at Hollywood Backlot Stage
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
- Sorcerer's Workshop
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Turtle Talk with Crush
Touring Plans with Disney's Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular
- Disney California Adventure One-Day Plan for Adults
- Disney California Adventure One-Day Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Disney California Adventure Late Arrival One-Day Plan for Parents with Small Children
|Shows at 12:40pm, 2:20pm, 4:45pm, and 6:20pm|
|Opening Date||January 16, 2003|
|Scope and scale||Major Attraction|
|Closures / Refurbishments|
Let us know.