Description And Comments
Based on characters and the story from the Disney/Pixar film Monsters, Inc., the ride takes you through child-phobic Monstropolis as Mike and Sulley try to return baby Boo safely to her bedroom. If you haven't seen the film, the story line won't make much sense. In a nutshell, a human baby gets loose in a sort of parallel universe populated largely by amusing monsters. Good monsters Mike and Sully try to return Boo to her home before the bad monsters get their hands on her.
The Disney Imagineers did a very good job on the Monsters, Inc. ride, re-creating the humor, characters, and setting of the film in great detail. The section of the attraction where you ride through the door warehouse with all of its lifts and conveyors is truly inspired. Special effects are first-rate, and lots of subtle and not-so-subtle jokes are worked into the whole experience. As in the Tower of Terror, you'll have to ride several times to catch them all. Before disembarking, be sure to banter with sluglike supervisor Roz, an animatronic "living character" that can see and interact with riders.
The attraction was very popular when it first opened, but today you can usually ride without too much of a wait. Because it's near several theater attractions, the ride is subject to experiencing a sudden deluge of guests when the theaters disgorge their audiences.
Monsters, Inc. is an iffy attraction for preschoolers: some love it and some are frightened. Increase your odds for a positive experience by exposing your little ones to the movie before leaving home.
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue! when you visit on a day with a given Disney California Adventure Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue! Wait Times.
Disney's best dark ride in years
- Handheld Captioning Available
- Audio Description Devices Available
- Must Transfer To Standard Wheelchair
Other Attractions in Hollywood Land
- Animation Academy
- Anna & Elsa's Royal Welcome FASTPASS Kiosk
- Character Close-Up
- Diamond Mad T Party
- Disney Junior - Live on Stage!
- Disney's Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular
- Disneyland Resort All-American College Band presented by Yamaha at Hollywood Backlot Stage
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
- Sorcerer's Workshop
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Turtle Talk with Crush
Touring Plans with Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
- Disney California Adventure One-Day Plan for Adults
- Disney California Adventure One-Day Plan for Parents with Small Children
- One-Day, Two-Parks Plan: Part 1 of 2
- Disney California Adventure Late Arrival One-Day Plan for Parents with Small Children
|Wait per 100 people ahead||4 minutes|
When to go
Before 11 a.m.
|Opening Date||January 23, 2006|
|Scope and scale||Major Attraction|
Let us know.