Description And Comments
An opening day attraction, this small theater shows 6 classic Disney cartoons simultaneously. Originally this "A" ticket attraction showed pre-Disney cartoons and pioneering silent film reels to enhance the ambiance of Main Street U.S.A.
In 2010, for the 55th anniversary celebration, Disneyland revealed archival footage titled Day One Disneyland. The film highlighted the early years of the park and showed attraction openings as well as how they changed over the first few years. It also showcased many of the celebrities that Walt DIsney welcomed to his park, including Richard Nixon as well as many foreign dignitaries.
Currently, early black-and-white Mickey Mouse shorts such as â€œSteamboat Willieâ€ and â€œPlane Crazyâ€ are screened, along with the celebrity caricatureâ€“stocked oddity â€œMickeyâ€™s Polo Team.â€ The films have sound but are played at low enough volume that the theater remains a quiet respite from the rest of the park.
Opening Day Films
- A Dash Through the Clouds (a 1912 Mack Sennett drama about biplanes)
- Dealing for Daisy (a 1915 William S. Hart western)
- Fatima's Dance (year unknown, a risquÃ© belly dance sequence by Fatima, a famous dancer of the time)
- Gertie the Dinosaur (Winsor McCay's 1914 cartoon)
- The Noise of Bombs (a Keystone Kops Comedy)
- Shifting Sands (a 1918 Gloria Swanson melodrama)
Current Classic Disney Films
- The Dognapper (1934)
- Mickey's Polo Team (1936)
- The Moose Hunt (1931)
- Plane Crazy (1928)
- Steamboat Willie (1928)
- Traffic Troubles (1931)
Good place to get out of the sun or rain or to kill time while others in your group shop on Main Street. Fun, but not something you can't afford to miss. No seats; viewers stand.
Wonderful selection of old-time flicks.
Other Attractions in Main Street, U.S.A.
|No wait all day!|
|Location||Main Street, U.S.A.|
|Opening Date||July 17, 1955|
|Scope and scale||Diversion|
Let us know.