Description And Comments
This walk-through, interactive attraction that takes guests through pirate adventures including a confrontation with skeleton pirates, singing mermaids, and a summoning of the squid-like Kraken. Virtually all of the presentation takes place in a room designed like a pirate's cave lair. Animatronic figures and other props are placed around the room and are used at various points during the show. A talking skull, recognizable from the Magic Kingdom's Pirates of the Caribbean attraction, serves as a narrator for each scene. Finally, an impressive holographic Jack Sparrow takes guests through a pirate oath, cementing their commitment to kidnapping, ransacking and not-giving-a-hoot-ing.
That being said, it's difficult to see who Disney thinks is the target audience for this attraction. For one thing, guests are instructed at various points to chant, roar, and stomp their feet in order to vanquish each threat, as if the entire audience were three-year olds taking part in a Dora the Explorer meets Pirates of the Caribbean episode. But the skeletons, monsters and shooting are scary enough to frighten many small children, so it's not clear for whom the attraction is designed. If you can ignore the juvenile dialog, however, the holographic Jack Sparrow and Johnny Depp's new scene are worth the few minutes you'll spend here.
May not open until late morning or noon; check the Times Guide. Because it's next to Toy Story Mania, Jack Sparrow tends to draw guests who have either just finished riding or who have balked at getting in Toy Story's long line. If the wait for Sparrow is more than 20 minutes, try later in the day.
- This attraction may be frightening for children.
Disney Dish with Jim Hill
Get to Know a Legend
If you haven't visited this Pirates of the Caribbean-themed attraction, check it out the next time you're at the Studios. When it first opened, most visitors thought it was far too juvenile in style and not really reflective of the humor found in the films. In response, Disney took out some of the more Dora the Explorer-like moments so guests could get to Johnny Depp's almost-in-person cameo that much quicker.
Other Attractions in Mickey Avenue
Touring Plans with The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow
- Disney's Hollywood Studios One-Day Touring Plan for Tweens and Parents
- Disney's Hollywood Studios One-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Disney's Hollywood Studios Happy Family One-Day Touring Plan
- Disney's Hollywood Studios One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Disney's Hollywood Studios One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Disney's Hollywood Studios One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Adults
- Disney's Hollywood Studios One-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Hollywood Studios Standard Hours
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Hollywood Studios Morning Extra Magic Hours
- See all Touring Plans...
|Wait per 100 people ahead||8 minutes|
When to go
|Opening Date||December 6, 2012|
|Scope and scale||Minor Attraction|
Let us know.