Description And Comments
An indoor, sit-down attraction recounting the entire Cat in the Hat story from beginning to end, in a little more than four minutes. The audio narration is clear and each scene is crammed with the kind of crazy furniture and bizarre housewares found in the book. Of course, mayhem ensues when Cat brings Thing 1 and Thing 2 over to play, but the entire mess is cleaned up just before mom gets home. The ride is straightforward enough - we only wish the ride had more sophisticated animatronics and better effects.
- This attraction participates in Universal Express.
Fun for all ages. Try to ride early.
Other than loud noises and a vehicle that spins in circles, we think there' s almost nothing here to frighten small children. A father of three from Natick, Massachusetts, disagrees:
The Cat in the Hat ride has quite the fright potential. Besides all the things popping out at you, it whips you around very wildly. My wife took my fairly advanced 3 ½-year-old daughter on the ride, and she was screaming her head off. Nearly two years later, she still reminds me of the scary Cat in the Hat ride (it hasn't affected her love for the books, though!).
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for The Cat in the Hat when you visit on a day with a given Islands of Adventure Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see The Cat in the Hat Wait Times.
- This attraction has a minimum-height requirement of 36 inches.
Children under 48" must be accompanied by a supervising companion.
Other Attractions in Seuss Landing
- If I Ran the Zoo
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
- The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride!
Touring Plans with The Cat in the Hat
- Islands of Adventure One Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Islands of Adventure One Day Touring Plan for Parents with Children 40 Inches Tall and Under
- Islands of Adventure One Day Touring Plan for Adults (revised)
- Universal Orlando Two-Day/Two-Park Plan for Adults with Early Entry DAY 1/PART 2
- Universal Orlando Two-Day/Two-Park Plan for Adult Off-Site Guests DAY 1/PART 2
|Wait per 100 people ahead||5 minutes|
When to go
Before 11:30 a.m.
|Opening Date||May 28, 1999|
|Scope and scale||Major Attraction|
Let us know.