Description And Comments
Held in a large, covered, open-air auditorium, this stunt show follows Sindbad the Sailor and his klutzysidekick Kabob as they search for treasure in a mysterious cave. Sindbad and Kabob meet various monsters and an evil queen, braving water explosions, 10-foot-tall circles of flame, and various other eruptions and perturbations as they (of course) rescue a princess in distress. The show climaxes in an impressive fire-burn stunt where a flaming actor takes a high-dive off a cliff into the lagoon.
As far as Orlando's stunt shows go, Sindbad ranks near the bottom. The stunning set was built before the script was even written, and it shows. Not unlike an action movie that substitutes a mind-numbing succession of explosions, crashes, and special effects for plot and character development, the production is so vacuous and redundant (not to mention silly) that it’s hard to get into the spirit of the thing.
When our researchers went to review Sindbad, one team member passed, explaining that the show is like a colonoscopy--once every ten years is enough.
- This attraction participates in Universal Express.
See The Eighth Voyage after you’ve experienced the rides and the better-rated shows. We'd only recommend this show if it was unbearably hot or grapefruit-size hail was falling from the sky. We'd take our chances going someplace else if it was just, you know, golf ball-size hail. Shows typically begin around noon, and it's rare for the theater to fill up. Thanks to the Grade-Z dialogue, guests with limited English skills seem to enjoy this show more than native speakers.
Other Attractions in The Lost Continent
Touring Plans with The Eighth Voyage of Sindbad Stunt Show
- Islands of Adventure One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Islands of Adventure One Day Touring Plan for Seniors
- Islands of Adventure One Day Touring Plan for Tweens
- Islands of Adventure One-Day Plan without Early Entry
- Universal Orlando Two-Day/Two-Park Plan with Early Entry DAY 1/PART 2
- Universal Orlando Two-Day/Two-Park Plan without Early Entry DAY 1/PART 2
- Islands of Adventure One-Day Plan with Early Entry
- See all Touring Plans...
|Shows at 12:30pm, 2pm, 4:30pm, and 6pm|
Let us know.