Description And Comments
An outdoor, elevated coaster designed for children old enough to know about Harry Potter but not yet tall enough to ride Forbidden Journey. The coaster affords excellent views of the area within Wizarding World and of Hogwarts. As a children's coaster, there are no loops, inversions or rolls and it's just one big hill and some mild turns. The theming is also very good, considering this isn't a major attraction. Almost half of the one-minute ride time is spent going up the lift hill.
For fans of Harry Potter there are two gorgeous items in this attraction that you will want to see. The first is a faithful recreation of Hagrid's hut in the queue (complete with Fang howling) while the second is an incredible animatronic of Buckbeak that you pass by while on the ride. Remember, that when muggles encounter Hippogriffs like Buckbeak, proper etiquette must always be maintained to avoid any danger. Hippogriffs are extremely proud creatures and must be showed the proper respect by bowing to them, and waiting for them to bow in return.
Something for small children to do while older kids ride Forbidden Journey or Dragon Challenge. Not usually more than a 20-minute wait, even during the busy part of the day.
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for Flight of the Hippogriff when you visit on a day with a given Islands of Adventure Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see Flight of the Hippogriff Wait Times.
- This attraction has a minimum-height requirement of 36 inches.
Must be 36" tall to ride.
Other Attractions in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade
- Dragon Challenge
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
- Hogwarts Express - Hogsmeade Station
Touring Plans with Flight of the Hippogriff
- Islands of Adventure One Day Touring Plan for Parents with Children 40 Inches Tall and Under
- Wizarding World One-Day/Two-Park Plan for Adults with Early Entry PART 2
- Wizarding World One-Day/Two-Park Plan for Adult Off-Site Guests PART 2
- Islands of Adventure One Day Touring Plan for Adults (revised)
- Universal Orlando Two-Day/Two-Park Plan for Adults with Early Entry DAY 1/PART 2
- Universal Orlando Two-Day/Two-Park Plan for Adults with Early Entry DAY 2/PART 1
- Universal Orlando Two-Day/Two-Park Plan for Adult Off-Site Guests DAY 1/PART 2
- See all Touring Plans...
|Wait per 100 people ahead||14 minutes|
When to go
First 90 minutes the park is open.
|Location||The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade|
|Scope and scale||Minor Attraction|
Let us know.