Description And Comments
A multi-scene Beauty and the Beast experience that takes guests into Maurice's workshop, through a magic mirror, and into Beast's library, the audience shares a story with Belle.
You enter the attraction by walking through Maurice's cottage, where you see mementos tracing Belle's childhood, including her favorite books, and lines drawn on one wall showing how fast Belle grew every year.
From there you'll enter Maurice's workshop at the back of the cottage. Covering every inch of the floor, walls and ceiling, you'll find an assortment of odd wood gadgets Maurice has been working on. Take a moment to look around at those, then focus your attention on the mirror on the wall to the left of the door you entered from.
Soon enough, the room gets dark and the mirror begins to sparkle. Through magic and some really good carpentry skills, the mirror turns into a full-size doorway, through which guests enter into a wardrobe room. Once in the wardrobe room, the attraction's premise is explained: you're supposed to re-enact the story of Beauty and the Beast for Belle on her birthday, and guests are chosen to act out key parts in the play.
Once the parts are chosen, everyone walks into the castle's library and takes seats. Castmembers explain how the play will take place, and introduce Belle, who gives a short speech about how thrilled she is for everyone to be there. The play is acted out within a few minutes, and all of the actors get a chance to take photos with Belle and receive a small bookmark as a memento.
During our visits, only those who were chosen to act in the play got to take photos with Belle. Also, those who took photos with Belle received a separate PhotoPass card for those photos.
Enchanted Tales with Belle is surely the prettiest and most elaborate meet-and-greet station in Walt Disney World. For the relative few who get to act in the play, it's also a chance to interact with Belle in a way that isn't possible in other character encounters. We also like how Disney "stages" guests in the cottage, workshop and wardrobe rooms - it's an efficient way to handle the wait in line, and it keeps guests from getting bored. Sure, it can still be a 30-minute wait for a 3-minute play, but it's the best of its kind in Orlando. Your kids will love it.
- This attraction offers FASTPASS / FastPass+.
- Open for Morning Extra Magic Hour.
- Open for Evening Extra Magic Hours.
Enchanted Tales is the new Dumbo, with long lines from the time the park opens. Since it is slow-loading and doesn’t offer FASTPASS (but is currently offering FastPass+), make it the first thing on your touring plan if you want to see it. Alternatively, try to visit during the last 2 hours the park is open. If you're able to select ETWB with FastPass+, it's probably worth it.
Enchanted Tales’ popularity has made it the hardest ticket at the Magic Kingdom, as a Lansing, Michigan, mom explains:
We found the wait for Enchanted Tales with Belle was never below 40 minutes. It was very popular, and for good reason. Our girls completely loved it, and so did I. Parents of shy children should tell their kids that the cast member will be asking for volunteers and they should raise their hand when they’re handing out parts for the play. Also, kids who are especially fond of Belle should note that the child who plays the Beast gets to dance with her for about a minute, and Belle talks to the child while they dance. It was very sweet.
Other Attractions in Fantasyland
- Ariel's Grotto
- Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- it's a small world
- Mad Tea Party
- Mickey's PhilharMagic
- Pete's Silly Sideshow: Meet Goofy and Donald
- Pete's Silly Sideshow: Meet Minnie and Daisy
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Princess Fairytale Hall: Meet Cinderella and a Visiting Princess
- Princess Fairytale Hall: Meet Rapunzel and a Visiting Princess
- Storybook Circus Giggle Gang
- Storybook Wowzer the Clown
- The Barnstormer
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Walt Disney World Railroad Fantasyland Station
Touring Plans with Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Dumbo-or-Die-in-a-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Grandparents with Small Children
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Dumbo-or-Die Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Parents' Plan-One Afternoon and One Full Day - Full Day
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Princess Fans Ages 4 to 8
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Princess Fans Ages 4 to 8 - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Holiday Version
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Standard Hours
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Morning Extra Magic Hours
- See all Touring Plans...
|Opening Date||December 6, 2012|
|Scope and scale||Minor Attraction|
Let us know.