Description And Comments
New for 2014, this daytime parade brings vibrantly costumed characters and new music to a daily procession of innovative floats in Magic Kingdom.
There are more that 100 live performers accompanying floats based on The Little Mermaid, Brave, Tangled, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty (along with a 26-foot-tall Maleficent in dragon form), princesses (including Anna and Elsa from Frozen), Mickey and Minnie on an airship, and more!
- This attraction offers FastPass+.
Since there is usually only a single showing of this parade each day, if you want to get first-row viewing, be prepared to camp out 30-45 minutes beforehand. The show winds all the way from Frontierland near Splash Mountain to Main Street, where it rounds Town Square and exits via a gate near the Fire Station.
FastPass+ Viewing areas are on the walkway from Liberty Square to the Hub and in the Castle Forecourt. Both are good for viewing, but may be difficult to get good pictures in. If you want to see the parade at its peak, watch from Frontierland or the Hub - the choreography on some of the floats has parade performers tired out by the end of the route.
A note to parents with small children: the Sleeping Beauty parade unit contains a fire-breathing dragon as well as thorn stilt walkers and costumed raven performers, all of which may be a little scary to very small kids. The Sleeping Beauty unit is a change of pace from the rest of the parade, and those with little ones may want to be prepared.
Blogs Related to Festival of Fantasy Parade:
SATURDAY SIX: Six Reasons We Love the Festival of Fantasy Parade
Disney Dish with Jim Hill
Beauty Gets the Boot
The Festival of Fantasy parade has Maleficent-as-dragon, Prince Phillip, and Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather from Sleeping Beauty--but no Aurora. She was supposed to be featured on this parade's lead float, the Princess Garden. But then Frozen became a monstrous hit at the box office, and Aurora found herself out in the cold as that float was reworked to make room for Anna, Elsa, and Olaf.
Other Attractions in Main Street, U.S.A.
- A Frozen Holiday Wish
- Casey's Corner Pianist
- Celebrate the Magic
- Celebrate the Season
- Dapper Dans
- Dream-Along With Mickey
- Flag Retreat
- Happy HalloWishes Fireworks
- Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season
- Magic Kingdom Welcome Show
- Main Street Electrical Parade
- Main Street Philharmonic
- Main Street Trolley Show
- Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
- Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
- Mickey's "Boo-to-You" Halloween Parade
- Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
- Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! Street Party
- Villains Mix and Mingle Live on Stage
- Walt Disney World Railroad Main Street U.S.A. Station
- Wishes Nighttime Spectacular
Touring Plans with Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Standard Hours
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Morning Extra Magic Hours
|One showing at 3pm|
|At 11:13am EDT · Party of 1|
Latest MK FP+ Availability
|Location||Main Street, U.S.A.|
|Opening Date||March 9, 2014|
|Scope and scale||Major Attraction|
Let us know.