Description And Comments
Starting at the Walt Disney World Railroad end of Main Street, U.S.A., and working toward the Central Plaza, this short mini-parade, or "street party," incorporates a handful of floats, Disney characters, and entertainers. Floats encircle the park's central hub and stop, allowing guests to dance in the street with the performers. An original song called "Party Up!" serves as the theme song, and there's a good amount of interaction between the entertainers and the crowd, culminating in a voice vote between three current pop hits for the final song that is played. As a final gimmick, guests are encouraged to post selfies to social media using the hashtag #MoveItShakeItPics in order to see their smiling faces shown on the floats' video screens. The Move It! Shake It! street party isn't really worth going out of your way for, especially if you plan on seeing the park's superior Festival of Fantasy of Main Street Electrical parades. However, it packs a surprising amount of upbeat energy into 20 minutes, and provides great opportunities for audience interaction, perfect for little ones needing to dance their wiggles away.
Until October 24, 2014, this attraction was known as Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party.
Other Attractions in Main Street, U.S.A.
- Casey's Corner Pianist
- Celebrate the Magic
- Dapper Dans
- Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade
- Dream Along With Mickey
- Flag Retreat
- Magic Kingdom Welcome Show
- Main Street Electrical Parade
- Main Street Philharmonic
- Main Street Trolley Show
- Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
- Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
- Walt Disney World Railroad Main Street U.S.A. Station
- Wishes Nighttime Spectacular
Touring Plans with Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! Street Party
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Princess Fans Ages 4 to 8 - Day 1
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Standard Hours
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Morning Extra Magic Hours
|Shows at 11am, 12:30pm, and 5:40pm|
|Location||Main Street, U.S.A.|
|Opening Date||February 12, 2009|
|Scope and scale||Minor Attraction|
Let us know.