Description And Comments
An elaborate miniature raceway with gasoline-powered cars that travel up to seven miles per hour. The raceway, with sleek cars and racing noises, is quite alluring. Unfortunately, the cars poke along on a guide rail, leaving the driver little to do, but teens and many adults still enjoy it.
- This attraction offers FastPass+.
- Open for Morning Extra Magic Hour.
- Open for Evening Extra Magic Hours.
This ride is visually appealing but definitely one adults can skip. The 9-and-under crowd, however, loves it. If your child is too short to drive, ride along and allow the child to steer the car while you work the foot pedal.
A mom from North Billerica, Massachusetts, writes:
I was truly amazed by the number of adults in line. Please emphasize to your readers that these cars travel on a guided path and are not a whole lot of fun. The only reason I could think of for adults to be in the line would be an insane desire to go on absolutely every ride at Disney World. The other feature about the cars is that they tend to pile up at the end, so it takes almost as long to get off as it did to get on. Parents riding with their preschoolers should keep the car going as slow as possible without stalling. This prolongs the preschooler's joy and decreases the time you will have to wait at the end.
The line for the Tomorrowland Speedway snakes across a pedestrian bridge to the loading areas. For a shorter wait, turn right off the bridge to the first loading area (rather than continuing to the second).
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for Tomorrowland Speedway when you visit on a day with a given Magic Kingdom Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see Tomorrowland Speedway Wait Times.
Kids must be 54" tall to drive unassisted.
Other Attractions in Tomorrowland
- Astro Orbiter
- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- Space Mountain
- Stitch's Great Escape!
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
- Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
Touring Plans with Tomorrowland Speedway
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Dumbo-or-Die-in-a-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom Happy Family Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Younger and Older Children
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Grandparents with Small Children
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Dumbo-or-Die Touring Plan - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Parents' Plan-One Afternoon and One Full Day - Full Day
- Magic Kingdom Touring Plan for Junior Pirates and Explorers Ages 4-8
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Junior Pirates and Adventurers Ages 4 to 8 - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Princess Fans Ages 4 to 8 - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Christmas Party Touring Plan for Parents (Focus on Attractions)
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Standard Hours
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Morning Extra Magic Hours
- See all Touring Plans...
As of 1:04am EST on 2/27/15
Party of 1
|Available for 9:20a, 9:55a, 10:10a, 10:55a, 11:15a, 11:40a, 12:10p, 12:55p, 1:25p, 1:35p, 2:10p, 2:40p, 3p, 3:30p, 4:20p, 4:35p, 5:15p, 5:55p, 6:05p, 6:40p, 7:10p, 7:40p, 8:15p, 8:30p, 9p, 9:30p, and 10p|
|Latest MK FP+ Availability|
|Wait per 100 people ahead||4.5 minutes|
|Assumes||285-car turnover every 20 minutes|
When to go
Before 10 a.m. or during last 2 hours before closing.
|Opening Date||October 1, 1971|
|Scope and scale||Major Attraction|
Let us know.