Description And Comments
A once-unique prototype of a linear-induction-powered mass-transit system, the PeopleMover's tramlike cars carry riders on a leisurely tour of Tomorrowland, including a peek inside Space Mountain. In ancient times, the attraction was called the WEDway PeopleMover ("WED" being the initials of one Walter Elias Disney).
The mother of a height-challenged 4-year-old has this to say about the PeopleMover:
After all my planning and my detailed touring plan, my 4 year old's favorite ride was "the blue ride!" He loved the people mover. He rode it 10 times over the course of our trip. Since he was too small to go on Space Mountain, he loved feeling like he had been able to since he was able to see part of it.
We agree and could happily spend hours on this attraction, especially when it's hot out.
- Open for Morning Extra Magic Hour.
A relaxing ride, where lines move quickly. It's a good choice during busier times of day.
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover when you visit on a day with a given Magic Kingdom Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover Wait Times.
A good way to check out the line at Space Mountain and the Speedway.
Other Attractions in Tomorrowland
- Astro Orbiter
- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- Space Mountain
- Stitch's Great Escape!
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
Touring Plans with Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Adult One-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Selective One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Magic Kingdom Happy Family Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Seniors
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Younger and Older Children
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Adult Plan-One Afternoon and One Full Day - Afternoon
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Dumbo-or-Die Touring Plan - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Junior Pirates and Adventurers Ages 4 to 8 - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Princess Fans Ages 4 to 8 - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Christmas Party Touring Plan for Parents (Focus on Attractions)
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Holiday Version
- Magic Kingdom Adult One-Day Holiday Touring Plan
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Standard Hours
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Morning Extra Magic Hours
- Magic Kingdom Adult Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors - Day 2
- See all Touring Plans...
|Wait per 100 people ahead||1.5 minutes|
|Assumes||39 trains operating|
When to go
Anytime, but especially during hot, crowded times of day (11:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)
|Opening Date||July 1, 1975|
|Scope and scale||Minor Attraction|
Let us know.