The Belle Vue Lounge

One my favorite resort bars to hit after a day in the parks is the Belle Vue Lounge at the BoardWalk Inn.  Maybe I love it because my friends and I can stroll over to this watering hole after IllumiNations or because the BoardWalk is my favorite resort at the moment, but I find myself here on a regular basis ever since our stay at the BoardWalk.  If you are staying at this resort, be sure to keep the Belle Vue on your radar for a post park place to relax.  The bar is tucked away just off the main lobby on the main level of the resort.  Guests who are not staying at the BoardWalk may have a little issue finding it, but a cast member would be happy to point you in the right direction.

The decor here reminds me of the porch at a big, old beach house so it feels like home to me.  It’s cozy, inviting, and even has board games to play while you sip your cocktails (Candyland is not as cool when you are 27 as it was when it was when you’re 5).  There are also tons of Atlantic City and beach themed photos and nick nacks displayed to check out which are a ton of fun for those of us who frequent the Jersey Shore.  The sofas and chairs are wicker, fitting right into the atmosphere.  There is both indoor and outdoor seating with both sofas, game tables, and larger tables for groups.  The outdoor seating is located on a porch over looking the resort’s center courtyard and from the right angle guests can look out over the lake.  This is the sort of establishment where guests can settle in for a while in the comfy furniture, so make yourself at home.

As an added bonus, this location was offering a light breakfast menu in the morning during my stay in December.  Can anyone confirm if they are still doing this?  Additionally, guests can also refill their famous resort mugs at the bar throughout the day without having to go all the way down to the bakery.

I really like the Belle Vue Lounge for a place to linger and enjoy good company over a few drinks as I would at my shore house.   Every time I have gone to the Belle Vue I have chatted with other guests from all over the country.  It’s always fun to meet other Disney lovers and share a drink with them.  It must be something about the cozy setting that makes people open up.  I also like this spot after a night partying at the Atlantic Dance Hall or Jellyrolls as a way to unwind after more rowdy fun at one of the neighboring venues.  Maybe I just love everything about the BoardWalk Inn, but this is one of my favorite resort lounges on WDW property, and I highly recommend checking it out.

Next week I’m going to stick with the Boardwalk and boogie on over to the Atlantic Dance Hall…

Kristen Helmstetter

Kristen Helmstetter is an Unofficial Guide researcher who will share her 20-something perspective of all things Walt Disney World with blog readers. Kristen’s email address is khelmstetter05@yahoo.com. You can also follow her on Twitter: @khelmstetter.

14 thoughts on “The Belle Vue Lounge

• May 18, 2010 at 1:09 pm

As a matter of fact, I was at the bar this weekend looking for late night food and the bartender told me that they only serve breakfast.

• May 18, 2010 at 2:11 pm

Thanks, Lori! You never know when these sorts of things will come and go. Thanks for reading!

• May 18, 2010 at 3:00 pm

Thanks Kristen. Do you know how late they are open?

• May 18, 2010 at 3:10 pm

Thanks for reading, Holly! All of the lounges around WDW are open until midnight. I hope that helps you!

• May 18, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Thanks again Kristen. That helps a lot!

• May 18, 2010 at 3:34 pm

It’s a great place to save some time. Cheryl and I have been to several meets here, and spent lots of time here. Plus they have board games.

• May 18, 2010 at 3:38 pm

hehe yes the board games are an added bonus. That sounds like a good place for a meet since its so cozy. Thanks for the input, Todd!

• May 20, 2010 at 6:59 pm

Tim is the bartender there and he is not hard on thew eyes at all.Plus he is a great guy

• May 20, 2010 at 7:27 pm

haha thanks for the inside info! I’ll be sure to give Tim you best the next time I head to the Bellevue!

• May 21, 2010 at 6:05 am

In February I would meet my sister down at the Bellevue every morning for coffee. It’s so cozy in the morning too. They had light breakfast items such as bagels, muffins, etc.. and the CM (Mary) was very friendly.

• May 23, 2010 at 6:02 pm

I’ve always loved the Bellevue Lounge. I love to hang out there either before or after dinner at the Flying Fish. We’ll be staying at the Boardwalk Villas in October and the notion of stopping by in the morning sounds like a real bonus! Thank you for the pointer!

• May 24, 2010 at 8:12 am

Have a great stay in October! I’m booked at the Dolphin for October so I think I’ll probably sneak over to the Bellevue a few times myself.

• May 26, 2010 at 12:55 pm

Definitely one of my favorite bars in all of Disney. Love the comfy, wind-down feel. They also used to have one of my favorite cocktails here – The Shadow. If Tim’s working he’ll make it for you. It’s amazing – trust me.

And, if Candyland isn’t as fun at 27, you’re playing it wrong! 🙂