One of my favorite activities at Walt Disney World is discovering delicious treats. I love food. Disney does take their food very seriously. So if you are under the impression that Disney is just hot dogs, hamburgers and cotton candy, you will be pleasantly surprised at the delicious food offerings available. Below is a list of my top 5 favorite treats at Walt Disney World:
5. Carmel Corn at Sleepy Hollow: Not so long ago, there was a big copper bowl where they made this delicious confection right in front of you. It was warm and luscious. The wafting smell of caramelized sugar was all the invitation I needed to partake in this delectable treat. However, Disney thought it would be a good idea to remove the copper pot from Sleepy Hollow and take it to the Main Street Confectionery. Since the move, I have yet to get warm carmel corn, but I do love their recipe and it still rates among my favorite treats at the Magic Kingdom warm or not. (Disney, if you are reading this, please serve it freshly made again.)
4. Margarita: In Epcot there is the most wonderful margarita stand that offers a variety of options. On my last trip I was able to sample several offerings: Midnight Blue “Patron” Margarita – Premium “Patron Silver” tequila, Blue Curacao, and lime mix rimmed with cactus/lemon grass salt $12.50. Delicious! Since I was in the vacation frame of mind, I was willing to pay $12.50. I have to say that I loved the Lime Margarita $8.99 just as much. I wouldn’t want you to think I am a lush. I partook in one margarita per night so that I could evaluate each concoction fairly. Bottom Line – Lime is my favorite. They are all worth a try. These flavors are also available for $8.99: Strawberry, Mango, & Fiesta Margarita – combination of lime, strawberry, mango & kiwi.
3. Yogurt Parfait at the Beach Club Marketplace: Have I lost credibility with you? Let me tell you what I love about this. First, it’s made to order. You can get any combination of fresh berries that suits your fancy and as much of their delicious yogurt that you like. The real reason that I love this so much is the granola. It is, hands down, the best granola that I have ever had in my life. The combination of nuts, oats, seeds, and sugar is mouth watering. I promise you this is not a health food. It may be masquerading as one, but it is dessert in a cup available from 7 a.m. – 11a.m. Try, try, try it – you’ll be hooked too.
2. No Way Jose at Beaches & Cream – A Peanut Butter and Hot Fudge Delight with Chocolate and Vanilla Ice Cream, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Morsels, Whipped Cream and a Cherry $7.99. Need I say more? This is large enough for 2-4 people to share. “No Way Jose” represents everything that is wonderful about a Reese’s Peanut Butter cup and takes it to a new level.
1. Pineapple Dole Whip & Dole Whip Float at Aloha Isle: If you are new to Disney World, this is a must try snack. This smooth and creamy frozen treat is like none other. The combination of sweet and slightly tart along with the coolness makes Dole Whip a refreshing treat. Because I love pineapple juice, the float is my favorite. Either way you can’t go wrong. Dole Whip is also available at Capt. Cook’s at the Polynesian at a self serve machine.
I would love to hear about your favorite treats at Walt Disney World.
You can follow me on Twitter @Caroline251