Just received word that Fantasmic in Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be returning to nightly performances starting on July 2 and lasting through at least September 30, 2011! Park hours have been adjusted, as well. See below! UPDATE: our system now displays the most current park hours, but it’ll take a couple of days to update our Crowd Calendar and wait time models.

Date: 7/6, 7/8, 7/13, 7/15, 7/20, 7/23, 7/27, 7/29, 8/1, 8/3, 8/5, 8/6, 8/10, 8/12, 8/13, 8/17, 8/19
Update: Park close extended from 19:00 to 21:00 and added Fantasmic! at 21:00

Date: 8/8, 8/15
Update: Park close extended from 20:00 to 21:00 and added Fantasmic! at 21:00

Date: 8/22, 8/24, 8/26, 8/27, 8/29, 8/30, 8/31, 9/3, 9/5, 9/6, 9/7, 9/9, 9/12, 9/13, 9/14, 9/16, 9/17, 9/19, 9/20, 9/21, 9/23, 9/24, 9/26, 9/28, 9/30
Update: Park close extended from 19:00 to 21:00 and added Fantasmic! at 20:30

Fantasmic! will be not be perfoming on 9/2, 9/27, 10/1.

Are you excited to see Fantasmic return to nightly performances? If you’re traveling in July, August, or September 2011, how will this affect your travel plans?

For details about how this new schedule may change the crowd calendar, click here.

Henry Work

Henry is the developer at TouringPlans.com, joining to work on the website and build Lines, among other things! Before joining the Unofficial Guide team, Henry was the lead developer at TechCrunch, one of the world's leading technology blogs. Though he would live at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort if he could, he's become a huge Disneyland fan since moving to the bay area. You find Henry on the TouringPlans Twitter account or contact him at henry@touringplans.com.

38 thoughts on “Fantasmic Performing Nightly July 2 through September 30, 2011, Updated Park Hours

• June 13, 2011 at 5:22 pm

That sound you hear is Matt Hochberg yowling in triumph as the monolithic Disney machine has at last been brought to its knees. No more Fantasmic dinner packages for this guy – I can get a good seat now!

• June 13, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Wow! I just hear via Twitter that Fantasmic is returning to nightly performances and I wondered how quickly you guys would realise. Didn’t expect it to be that fast! Thanks for keeping me updated with all the details. I’m going to WDW in September and had planned to go to Hollywood Studios one day when the crowd level is low, then come back a different day just in the evening to see Fantasmic! I’ll be interested to know how this will affect the crowd levels and may have to adjust my plans accordingly. I should mention here that I think the crowd calendar you produce is amazing, it was extremely helpful in planning my trip this year and is proving to be very helpful once again this year.

• June 14, 2011 at 11:43 am

That was exactly our plan – morning HS touring on non-Fantasmic days, then Fantasmic after a day at AK. Now we should have more flexibility, but since we planned everything else already (and have ADRs), we’ll probably stick with the original plan.

• June 16, 2011 at 2:46 pm

I was planning on going to HS for Fantasmic after a water park. I’ve planned everything and booked ADRs aswell but I might try and change them now and go to HS for one full day.

• June 13, 2011 at 5:27 pm

oops. mistake in my previous comment, should have said that it was extremely helpful in planning my previous trip and is proving to be helpful once again this year (instead of saying this year twice!)

• June 13, 2011 at 5:27 pm

I am not excited at all. I have no intention on seeing the show and had instead planned to go to Hollywood Studios on days with no fantasmic nor EMH to take advantage of low crowds. Now this will change my plans dramatically.

• June 13, 2011 at 5:30 pm

About dang time. Here’s hoping it isn’t merely a trial run, and TPTB have finally come to their senses. The absolute insane wait times for the show when it’s only 2 or 3 times a week have been making people miserable for far too long.

• June 13, 2011 at 6:07 pm

OMG! This is so awesome! Dare we hope that Disney has actually heard our crys & is making a change! Reworking my travel plans now.

• June 13, 2011 at 6:39 pm

I’m very glad to see this. I hope they return to a nightly schedule year around. The only variation should be the number of shows per night. It’s ridiculous trying to plan around the two or three nights per week that Fantasmic! has played the last couple of years.

• June 13, 2011 at 7:01 pm

while I am super excited to see Fantasmic on Mon Aug 15th(our planned DHS day), I am a bit confused about the hours. How does this work if the park now closes at the same time as the fantasmic show (2100)? There is supposed to be extra magic hours that evening from 2000 til 2300 so I am guessing that means the general public will still be in the park till 2130 or 2200 following fantasmic leaving only an hour for the “extra magic” Am I correct? thanks!

• June 13, 2011 at 7:03 pm

When EMH begins, you need to show your Key to the World card to get in any attraction’s queue line. So other than at Fantasmic itself, all the attractions will be open only to resort guests. You’re right that the general public will be in the park until 2130, but not on the attractions.

• June 14, 2011 at 8:11 am

thank you paul, i suppose if you would rather ride than see fantasmic this would be a good thing 🙂

• June 13, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Great news! It amazes me that a world class theme park would close at 7 pm during one of it’s busiest times of the year! My guess is that crowds will be more evenly spread throughout the week. Looking forward to the updated crowd calendar.

• June 13, 2011 at 9:14 pm

I am VERY happy to see this update! We will be there Sept 16-24 and I have made ADRs, but felt kind of “stuck” that Fantasmic was only a few nights. We are already doing MNSSHP on the 20th. I myself have never been to the Studios, although I have been to MK and Epcot many times. Thanks for sharing the news, I saw it first on my FB news feed :o)

• June 14, 2011 at 6:19 am

If it is nightly in September… a pretty slow month, it suggests to me they may go back to monthly year round. If that happens, what will be the effect on the DHS crowd calendar? Good bye to 8s just because it is a Fantasmic day? Goodbye to 2s except when the whole resort is empty?

• June 14, 2011 at 7:26 am

I smile every time I read that news since last night (blog, twitter, facebook)! So cool ! Thanks for sharing.

• June 14, 2011 at 7:27 am

well I just called for a Fantasmic Dining package any night week of September 15th, there are none available all week. They are all booked up. 🙁 that means the counts will change.

• June 14, 2011 at 11:08 am

It’s more likely that their reservation system just doesn’t have packages in place for those days yet. Keep trying.

• June 14, 2011 at 8:22 am

We are scheduled for DHS when it is a park to avoid because it is a Fantasmic night (just the way it worked out). I am hoping that this news will mean a little less crowds that day.

• June 14, 2011 at 8:29 am

I’m really going to miss the emptiness of the non-Fantasmic nights 🙁

• June 14, 2011 at 9:43 am

I’m happy! I always worried that if we didn’t get to the first scheduled show of our visit we would miss out entirely due to weather or something…..now the pressure is off, we can be a bit more spontaneous.

• June 14, 2011 at 10:23 am

Very encouraging to see WDW reinstate F! as a daily attraction. Following on the heels of Star Tours 2.0, hopefully this is an indicator of DHS’ comeback.

Now let’s see them continue it with plussing up Backlot Tour (or ditching it in favor of a new E attraction), update Great Movie Ride, improve CS choices, etc.

• June 14, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Can’t wait to see the crowd calendar fallout. I’m thinking it will have an effect on more than just Hollywood Studios.

• June 14, 2011 at 12:38 pm

I think this is great! Easier to plan my Fantasmic night. And then enjoy the rest of the park on other nights while everyone else is waiting to see the show.

• June 14, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Any chance this gets extended into October?? Going first week of October! Was thinking I would have to skip it this trip!!

• June 14, 2011 at 3:01 pm

I’m with you Kathy…I sure hope it gets extended into October! We have planned to be at DHS on one of the two nights Fantasmic! is currently offered. I would love to be able to adjust my plan due to additional offerings. Bet we’ll find out here first…

• June 14, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Add me to the list of October wishers…going to be there the 3rd week and there are no dining plans left. Would love to take my 4 year old to Fantasmic but can’t wait in line forever to see one of the two shows that week!

• June 14, 2011 at 3:37 pm

This is great!! We were going to miss it this time but now it’s an option again! Just need to evaluate how my 2yo will handle it as I know parts of it are a little scary so I don’t want to frighten her.

Great news for all those who will now be able to see this amazing show!!

• June 15, 2011 at 8:58 am

Not so excited. With only 1 performance a night it will still be hard to see. I liked touring HS on non-F! days as it was quieter. This will change crowd levels at the other parks, too.

• June 15, 2011 at 9:37 am

Would love to see this extend into October. We are there 2nd week and have an ADR…last one left on my 180 days out…more like a late late lunch than a dinner…3:30 was the only time they had available for a Fantasmic dinner package!

• June 15, 2011 at 5:53 pm

Probably will affect my August trip, but I would be more excited if HS were making the show more like Disneyland’s Fantasmic.

• June 16, 2011 at 5:01 am

This is excellent news for anyone who wants to see Fantasmic without waiting in line for 2 hours or more in sweltering heat with wall to wall bodies. So actually, everyone.

• June 16, 2011 at 12:05 pm

I am very excited to see Fantasmic return to nightly performances!
    I’m traveling to WDW the last 2 weeks of August and this will make it easier to see the show. I won’t have to plan my visit to DHS around the nights upon which Fantasmic is showing!

• June 16, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Do you think Disney did this because they think its going to be busy enough all summer (through end of September even) to make it worthwhile? If so that would make sense that the per park numbers for DHS are now much higher. I thought it would spread the crowds but it seems to have spread larger crowds. Would love to see a blog post from Fred on what he sees in the new numbers!

• June 16, 2011 at 1:26 pm

Looks like the algorithm isn’t quite right. HS much higher than other parks… even double MK with evening extra magic hours?

• June 16, 2011 at 2:39 pm

I agree with Christine. It seems to be a park to avoid extremely often. Has it been based on the current levels seen whenever Fantasmic is on? Because surely it wouldn’t see as high levels as Fantasmic days now because people will be able to go any night rather than only one of 2-3 nights per week. Or are the park levels high a lot of days because there won’t be quiet (ie. Non Fantasmic days) anymore?

• June 18, 2011 at 10:25 am

Looking at the park schedules for July 15-20, and this website shows hs open until 10 most nights with 2 Fantasmic performances at 9 & 10:30. Disney site only shows hours until 9 PM with one Fantasmic at 9. Is this a mistake on Touringplans.com, or did you get some inside info??