Announcing A TouringPlans.com September Meet & Greet

Who will be the first to belly dance?

Who will eat the most baklava?

Find out as we Mo’Rock – it with Mo’Rockin in Morocco!

Join us on Friday, September 7, 2012, as members of the TouringPlans.com team will be celebrating the 28th anniversary of the opening of the Morocco Pavilion in Epcot. We love to hear about how you and your family are putting your TouringPlans.com subscription to good use. Stop by, even if only for a few minutes to share stories, ask questions, and enjoy the Moroccan atmosphere.

All aboard the Marrakesh Express!

Where: Morocco Pavilion in Epcot

When: Friday, September 7, 2012, between 4:00 and 6:00 pm

What: A meet & greet with your favourite TouringPlans.com celebrities (the spelling should be a clue)

Why: Do we need a reason?

Fred Hazelton

Fred Hazelton maintains the crowd calendar, theme park wait time models and does hotel rate analysis for the Unofficial Guides. He's also done the models for the new mobile wait times product Lines. Fred Hazelton is a professional statistician living in Ontario, Canada. His email address is fred@touringplans.com. You can also follow him on Twitter: @DisneyStatsWhiz.

25 thoughts on “Announcing A TouringPlans.com September Meet & Greet

• August 7, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Does the timing of this event have anything to do with Dapper Days scheduled for September 8th at DHS and the Boardwalk??

• August 8, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Just a coincidence Mark but hey, I’m always up for celebrating the Dapper Dans too 🙂

• August 10, 2012 at 6:32 am

Hi Mark, what is Dapper Days? How can I get more information about this? Thank you

• August 7, 2012 at 10:56 pm

See you all there!! I’m entering this belly dancing contest… but only BEFORE I eat my body weight in baklava. That could get gross with a baklava belly.

• August 8, 2012 at 4:39 am

Woohoo … after watching meets roll by for years and not being able to attend, I can finally say: “I’ll be there”!!
    Looking forward to meeting some other Disney fanatics/enthusiasts/nuts (delete as applicable) 😀
    See ya real soon!

• August 8, 2012 at 7:24 am

This is perfect, my plan actually involves being in Epcot on Friday afternoon. I’ll be there 🙂

~Yuliya

• August 8, 2012 at 4:42 pm

I wish I could be there. Not arriving until about 6:30 pm for our “surprise” vacation for our boys and a friends family with two boys.

• August 8, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Well Jennifer, it is an Extra Magic Hours evening at Epcot that night, I’m sure we will be in the park for a long time, if you end up there come find us 🙂

• August 8, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Just signed on for a subscription a few minutes ago in anticipation of our September trip! Hope to see you guys on Friday!

Although Lines is telling me that Epcot is “a Park to Avoid” that day. Hmm, is this a trap?

• August 8, 2012 at 7:27 pm

Haha, good point. It’s a test to see how many people actually follow the park recommendations 😉

• August 8, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Yes, good point. It was a test…and you passed. However, we are still going to Epcot 🙂

One thing we are very interested in is people’s opinion on what defines the size of a “crowd”. Early September in one of the best times of the year to visit. We’ll see how the crowds at Epcot measure up while we are there.

• August 8, 2012 at 8:02 pm

September after Labor Day has always been our favo(u)rite time to go. It’s still plenty warm (I mean, it’s still Summer until the 21st), so we can make full use of the pools and water parks, and the daily deluge of rain seems to clear the parks out for a golden hour or two, allowing us to virtually walk onto rides. Come prepared for the weather, I say!

Looking forward to meeting everyone. Now to get an ADR at Epcot for Friday night; San Angel Inn and Tutto Italia are already slammed for dinner hours! Yikes!

• August 8, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Ah man! We arrive on 9/8! Bummer. Sounds fun.

• August 9, 2012 at 7:08 am

Hi, on your touring plan for Sept 7 EPCOT is the park to avoid. I planned to spend the day at Animal Kingdom because of your recommendation. However, I did purchase park hopper tickets for the first time for our September trip, so count me and my grandson in! We will hop over for 4pm. See you all there!!

• August 27, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Same boat here, Cindy only we have dining reservations at 5 at the Studios! Darn!

• August 9, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Wahoo! It will be the last night of our trip and we can’t wait!

• August 10, 2012 at 12:01 am

Our plan has us in DHS that day, but I’ll try to free an hour to visit the makers of my favorite touring plans!

• August 10, 2012 at 3:23 am

Okay, Fellow Touring Plan Pals –

Dinner reservations that night at Chefs De France: 5:40 or 8:00 pm? These are my current choices. Which would be more conducive to hanging out with everyone?

• August 11, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Whichever you like Ken, we’ll be there for a while before and after the meet I am sure, stop by anytime.

• August 11, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Bummer… We will be leaving WDW on the 6th! Would have loved a chance to meet the Unoffical Guide folks.

• August 11, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Hi Laura, I will be there from Sept 1-8 so perhaps we will have another opportunity to meet. We usually try to post our location on twitter, follow us @touringplans if you don’t already.

• August 12, 2012 at 7:11 pm

I am both thrilled and afraid to say I will be attending. I will be fresh off of a plane and no doubt cranky and in need of one of Fred’s special hugs (which he gives to all that ask).

See you all there!

• August 22, 2012 at 11:59 am

Well, shoot! We arrive on the 8th for 2 weeks, so I’ll miss out on meeting my favorite blogging crew. Have a great meet!