Fantasmic! to Have FASTPASS Test This Week

Disney
Disney

Starting tomorrow, April 22, through April 27, Disney’s Hollywood Studios will hold a test of FASTPASS for Fantasmic!.

During the test, Cast Members will be found at the Hollywood Studios Tip Board (at the intersection of Sunset and Hollywood Boulevards) distributing tickets beginning at noon until they run out each day.

These FASTPASS tickets will not be tied to the regular FASTPASS system, so if a guest obtains a ticket for Fantasmic!, he will still be able to obtain another ticket for a different attraction.

Fantasmic! is expected to be a part of the new FastPass+ system when it officially rolls out.

Rikki Niblett

I am a co-host of the Be Our Guest Podcast and do lots of other fun Disney stuff all around the interwebs! You can follow me on Twitter or Instagram at @RikkiNibs or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/rikkinibs

8 thoughts on “Fantasmic! to Have FASTPASS Test This Week

• April 21, 2013 at 3:38 pm

I get it, but unless they’re tied to designated sections like World of Colors, then what’s the point? It’ll still be a massive, massive crowd descending on the amphitheater. The only difference is, there won’t be more people than seats (in theory), but it’ll still just be disorganized chaos, but now with the added need to surrender Fastpass tickets… Hm. We’ll see.

• April 21, 2013 at 3:39 pm

I re-read that and I look like an idiot who thinks the show is called “World of Colors.” I meant, unless the tickets are tied to designated sections like World of Color’s tickets are. Just felt the need to clarify haha!

• April 21, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Do you know if this will change the dining/Fantasmic package that’s been offered?

• April 21, 2013 at 4:46 pm

i was wondering the same thing. I booked a fantasmic dinner package for October. Will that still be happening?

• April 21, 2013 at 5:21 pm

This is just a one week test right now. No idea what will happen when My Magic+ rolls out with Fastpass+ parkwide.

If I had to take a very educated guess…the Fantasmic dinner package isn’t going anywhere, even with the Fastpass+ system. Disney likes to make extra money on their nightly spectaculars, so I would assume that this package would stay in tact, at least in some way, shape, or form.

• April 29, 2013 at 5:40 pm

Thanks.

• April 21, 2013 at 11:17 pm

We are on a plan that includes reserved seating for Fantasmic in Oct. I wonder how (or if) this will impact us? I expect FastPass Plus will be operational by then.

• April 23, 2013 at 11:07 am

4 families with Fantasmic Dinner package in October, hopefully nothing changes with fast pass, 12 people will be disappointed if this impacts or vacation.