It’s been almost a month since we’ve had some Newsworthy Notes, but today, I’ve compiled quite a list that I wanted to share with you all since some of these updates may potentially impact your vacations to Walt Disney World. Let’s dive right in!
- There are a couple of refurbishments coming down the pipeline. The first is that Disney’s Wilderness Lodge feature pool, known as the Silver Creek Springs Pool, will be closed for a couple of months; the refurbishment will last from September 3 through November 27, reopening on November 28. During the refurbishment, guests will be able to use Disney’s Contemporary Resort pool or Disney’s Ft. Wilderness pool, as well as the Wilderness Lodge Villas pool. If guests would prefer, however, Disney will be offering complimentary water park tickets, much like they are doing over at Disney’s Polynesian Resort during the pool refurbishment. Guests, can receive one free admission to Blizzard Beach Water Park, per member of their party. It does appear that you will have to ask for this perk. It does not seem as though it is being suggested freely, but it is available.
- I also have of good authority that Cinderella’s Royal Table will see a two month refurbishment. The restaurant at the Magic Kingdom should be slated to be closed from January 5 through March 6, reopening on March 7.
- The Garden View Tea Room at Disney’s Grand Floridan Resort will be closed for refurbishment from June 30 until August 29. During the refurb work, the My Disney Girl’s Perfectly Princess Tea Party and the Afternoon Tea will be held inside Cítricos.
- Also of note, a couple of shops will see work being done. First, the LA Prop shop at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is currently under refurbishment and a very lengthy refurbishment it is. The shop, found on the corner of Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard, will be closed until February 28. Rumors are indicating that this will be the location of the all new Starbucks location at the Studios. (In my opinion, this is the best spot to put the Starbucks in anyway…it means Starring Rolls gets to stay!)
- In addition, the Yankee Trader store found in Liberty Square at the Magic Kingdom will soon be under refurbishment. The shop will be closed from July 7 – September 30, reopening on October 1. It is rumored that it will changed over into a Haunted Mansion gift shop, which will supposedly feature an on-ride photo pickup location, as well as Haunted Mansion merchandise.
- Moving along to other news, the Child Activity Centers have increased in price. The new cost is $15, per hour, with a two hour minimum. Locations include: Club Disney at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, Cub’s Den at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Sandcastle Club at Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Simba’s Cubhouse at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge.
- MagicBands are now available for purchase (cost is $12.95, plus tax) at the Vacation Planning windows found around the Walt Disney World Resort. These windows are where guests can purchase tickets for the four theme parks. When a guest buys a MagicBand (do keep in mind that valid ticket entitlement required), the Vacation Planning Cast Member will then immediately associate the guest’s ticket entitlements to the MagicBand in place of an RF-enabled ticket.
- Snow White has apparently moved again. I recently reported that she moved to Center Street on Main Street U.S.A. at the Magic Kingdom, but it appears that she will now be greeting guests on the front porch of the Town Square Theater; meeting near the entrance of the Tinker Bell meet and greet and the Mickey Mouse meet and greet.