Hello again! My notepad is full of lots of little things I’ve jotted down lately that you all should know that may influence your next trip to Walt Disney World, so here we go!
- Beginning with the refurbishment news, It’s Tough To Be A Bug at Disney’s Animal Kingdom was supposed to reopen today, however, it would appear that work is taking much longer than initially thought, as the refurb was recently extended. It will now last at least a month and a half longer, reopening on September 28.
- The Astro Orbiter will also see an extended refurbishment; however, its extension isn’t for nearly as long. The attraction’s extra refurb work is only for an additional week; it is also now supposed to reopen on September 28.
- Staying in the Magic Kingdom, the “Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It” street party will see an amended schedule for the following dates: August 12, 13, 19, 20, and 29. On those dates, performances will only take place at 5:40 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- While it was recently announced that The Yankee Trader was being converted into a Haunted Mansion gift shop, it appears that the refurbishment will be more extensive than originally thought. The store is now scheduled to reopen on January 1. Also, (and lending more credence to the rumor that the new gift shop will offer on-ride photos from the Mansion), the Haunted Mansion will be closed from December 1-19, reopening on December 20.
- The First Aid Center at the Magic Kingdom has temporarily relocated from Main Street, U.S.A., to the lounge next to Space Mountain until August 19.
- During this year’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party nights, a brand new event will take place. Called Club Villain, guests will get the chance to dance and mingle with a few infamous Disney villains at The Diamond Horseshoe. It is currently unknown which specific characters will be participating in this dance party.
That’s gonna do it for this edition of Newsworthy Notes. What are your thoughts?