It’s been a while since I’ve brought you the Newsworthy Notes, but now I have a whole bundle of new small Walt Disney World news pieces to share with you all! So, let’s jump right in and get to it.
- For those who will be in the Magic Kingdom during the beginning of next week, you’ll be able to catch the taping of the Disney Christmas Day Parade. (I mean the Disney Parks Frozen Christmas Celebration.) The parade will be filmed on Monday, December 8 and Tuesday, December 9.
- Guests can now make Advanced Dining Reservations for the Morocco Pavilion’s Spice Road Table. In addition, the restaurant has seen an updated menu; while most of the tapas options are still offered, now as appetizers, the restaurant is also serving full entrees as well. The new entrees include: Mix Grill Skewers – Beef and Chicken skewers; Coriander-crusted Rack of Lamb; Yellowfin Tuna; All Natural Roasted Chicken; and Mediterranean Vegetable Platter. Hopefully these changes will cause more guests to visit this fledgling Epcot restaurant.
- Food Truck Park at Downtown Disney’s West Side has officially opened. The four Walt Disney World Food Trucks can be found here, which include include Namaste Cafe (dishes inspired by Animal Kingdom), Fantasy Fare (themed after Magic Kingdom), World Showcase of Flavors (foods from Epcot), and Superstar Catering (Disney’s Hollywood Studios delicacies). In addition, as a nice perk, there may be the occasional outside company’s food truck for guests to enjoy.
- Speaking of Downtown Disney, the area recently became a non-smoking location. Because of that, there are now four designated smoking areas for guests to visit throughout property. They are: near the restrooms behind Cirque du Soleil, near the water between Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe and Bongos Cuban Cafe, near T-REX, and near the Marketplace restrooms by stroller and wheelchair rentals. Guests wishing to smoke both traditional cigarettes and e-cigarettes must now do so in the designated smoking locations only. One exception is that select restaurants with outdoor patio seating will also offer the option of outdoor smoking for those dining at those locations.
- Flame Tree Barbeque at Disney’s Animal Kingdom will be seeing a large scale refurbishment. In the refurb, the restaurant will be adding additional covered seating areas, covering some guest walkways to pavilion seating areas, and extending the roof over the main building for guests who are waiting in line to order their food. This refurbishment will take place beginning January 5 and will last until early April 2015. During the downtime, guests will be able to get many of their favorite dishes at other locations throughout the theme park.
- Speaking of refurbishments, two attractions in the Magic Kingdom will see very brief closures. Pirates of the Caribbean will be closed for one day in December, 17, reopening on December 18. In addition, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will be closed from March 4-7, reopening on March 8, 2015.
- The recently re-opened Club Disney, the kids club at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, has been renamed again. The new name is Lilo’s Playhouse. The children’s activity center’s new theme brings Lilo’s favorite Golden Book stories of classic Disney tales to life.
That’s it for this edition! Thoughts?