Some Disney Springs Shop Tenants Revealed

©Disney
©Disney

According to The Orlando Sentinel, we have an official listing of some of the new stores that will take up residence of The Landing section of Disney Springs. They include:

• APEX by Sunglass Hut – Sells high end sunglasses with a focus on sports. These are the perfect sunglasses to wear when getting out there, being active.
  • Art of Shaving – A high-end shaving products store, including aromatherapy-based grooming products and elegant shaving instruments. This brand is concerned with getting you that “perfect shave.”
  • Chapel Hats – Offers hats and headwear that are perfect for a night on the town or maybe even that special event. They don’t offer your traditional baseball cap, instead they sell headwear like fedoras, Panama hats, pork pies, and even top hats. They also offer a selection of beautiful hats for women, such as derby hats, floppy hats, and more.

• Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC – Welcome back BabyCakes!  I knew you wouldn’t be gone for good!  Erin McKenna’s is a gluten-free vegan bakery from the creator of BabyCakes NYC. The bakery was always a popular destination for many before it closed early last year due to Disney Springs construction. Guests looking for Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC packaged desserts can currently find them at many locations around the Walt Disney World Resort, including: The Beach Club Marketplace at Disney’s Beach Club Resort, The Boardwalk Bakery at Disney’s Boardwalk, The Mara at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Landscape of Flavors at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, and Everything Pop at Disney’s Pop Century Resort.  It will be great to have a storefront to visit once again soon though!
  • Havaianas – Where you’ll find designer flip-flops, perfect for the Florida sun! They offer fun designs and bright colored footwear. There will also be a station where Guests can create their own personalized flip-flops. (And based off some research, I would bet that they will sell specialty Disney-themed flip-flops too.)
  • Sanuk – Another shoe store, this one with an emphasis on all different types of shoes, known as creatively inspired footwear.
  • Sound Lion – Looking to get your music on? Here they offer digital sound and music products such as headphones, ear buds, speakers, and wireless music players.  You can try any product before purchasing and find the best product to work for you.

While there is currently no time frame on when these stores are expected to debut, Downtown Disney is expected to officially be renamed Disney Springs with the official opening of The Landing (the former location of Pleasure Island) sometime this spring. Additional locations previously announced for The Landing include Morimoto Asia, The BOATHOUSE, and STK Orlando.  Other shops and restaurants to be located within the Disney Springs complex are expected to released within the coming months. I’ll make sure to keep you posted!

Rikki Niblett

I am a co-host of the Be Our Guest Podcast and do lots of other fun Disney stuff all around the interwebs! You can follow me on Twitter or Instagram at @RikkiNibs or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/rikkinibs

7 thoughts on “Some Disney Springs Shop Tenants Revealed

• January 26, 2015 at 4:23 pm

I’m a bit underwhelmed by these stores. Does anyone else think it makes this sound like a mall?

• January 26, 2015 at 5:09 pm

I absolutely agree. As much as I am a Disney fan and excited for the transformation of Disney Springs, I must say I am a little disappointed so far. We will see how it goes.

• January 27, 2015 at 6:49 am

Yeah, I’m with you. Meh.

• January 27, 2015 at 9:46 am

At least it isn’t just more of the same generic Disney merch that can be found in World of Disney and all the parks. Even if you can find these stores in other malls, they ma be new to international guests, or useful for those who don’t/can’t drive and want to shop at Disney Springs.

• January 27, 2015 at 11:59 am

My understanding was that with this updated Disney Springs area, they were trying to appeal to the foreign crowd with many of the shops, causing them to want to spend their money on Disney property. Many currently go off-site and spend their dollars at places like the Florida Mall. In my research, it was apparent that many of these stores are likely aimed towards the foreign markets.

I was also under the impression that Disney was sort of aiming for higher end, spendy shops for Disney Springs. Which looking at what’s been announced, fits that ideal too.

I agree…nothing here totally wows me either. Of course, there are still quite a few more shops (and restaurants) that will be announced in the future, so we’ll see what happens as time goes on.

• January 27, 2015 at 3:50 pm

I’m looking forward to checking out Chapel Hats. I can always use a new hat. And I’d much rather go to Disney Springs than the Mall at Milennia!

• January 27, 2015 at 5:55 pm

Lake Buena Vista Shopping Village, Pleasure Island, Downtown Disney, Disney Springs. So many changes in a relatively short amount of time. It used to be a great afternoon and evening destination for 2 or 3 days of our week-long family vacations. IMHO, La Nouba is still worth repeated visits. Disney Quest is in need of serious attention…or a wrecking ball. And we can make a quick shopping afternoon/early eve of the rest and be done. That’s fine with us; there’s certainly enough to keep us busy elsewhere on WDW property.
    But I really miss The Fireworks Factory and the Explorers’ Club, and I don’t see sunglasses, razors and hats replacing those memories any time soon.