Happy Tuesday! I’m here with some more little nuggets that will help make your next Walt Disney World vacation that much better. (Well, hopefully.) Who’s ready to jump right in to the fun?
- The Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party at the Magic Kingdom has officially been replaced by the Wishes Dessert Party. The new version is relatively similar to the previous version, with a few additional desserts, and a higher cost–$49.00 per adult (ages 10 and up) and $29.00 per child (ages 3-9).
- Also at the Magic Kingdom, as a reminder, Liberty Tree Tavern is now closed for refurbishment as they work on the kitchen area.
- There has also been a character meet and greet location change. Now guests can meet some of your favorite characters from The Princess and the Frog at Heritage House in Liberty Square. The location was previously a FastPass+ Kiosk Station and prior to that, the location sold merchandise.
- The Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! Street Party will be presented at only 12:30 p.m. and 5:40 p.m. on the following dates: July 10, July 14, July 15, July 21, and July 22.
- The Walt Disney World Railroad will be closed for refurbishment from September 28 through November 5.
- A new test will be taking place at Disney’s Animal Kingdom for how park opening will work. On non-Extra Magic Hour days, guests will be able to enter The Oasis up to 30 minutes prior to the park’s official open. Guests entering early will be able to set up FastPass+ selections, rent wheelchairs, and speak with Cast Members. No attractions will be open at this time. This test is expected to last until the end of July.
- For those looking to meet Pocahontas, you can now do so at Disney’s Animal Kingdom at the Discovery Island Character Landing location
- Captain EO will be returning to the Magic Eye Theater at Epcot on July 19.
- Guests can now take a break from the heat and charge their personal devices in comfort at Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in the brand new relaxation lounges. With new seating and additional charging areas, the new Guest relaxation area also offers two food & beverage carts. The one at Epcot is located in the corridor behind Character Spot and Club Cool and the one at Disney’s Hollywood Studios can be found where The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow was.
- Doc McStuffins is now meeting guests visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios in a setting inspired by her playhouse clinic. The meet and greet can be found nearby Disney Junior – Live on Stage.
- Speaking of Disney Junior, kids can splash into summer with the new Disney Junior Pool Party at all of the Walt Disney World Resort hotel pools throughout the day. Youngsters can compete in poolside games like Sofia Says, Doc McStuffins trivia, and sing and dance to favorite hit songs from the popular Disney Channel and Disney Junior.
- The Pirate Rooms at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort are being re-imagined in Trinidad South. The rooms will now include details collected from Captains Jack Sparrow’s adventures including Aztec coins, sword handles, a Jolly Roger, custom lanterns, pirate map-themed carpets and the vanity that is themed to look like a captain’s desk.
- New hand and foot treatments are now available at the Zahanati Massage & Fitness Center, located at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. They include a 45 miute manicure for $35, a 50 minute pedicure for $55, and a 15 minute polis change for $12. To schedule one of these appointments, call 407-WDW-SPAS.
That’s it for this edition…any thoughts?