Hello again! It’s been a while since the last Newsworthy Notes update. It’s that time of year where the new Disney fiscal year begins, so that means that there are a few minor changes that occurred that reflect that, plus, of course, there are a few other additions as well that you may want to experience on your next vacation! So, let’s get to it!
- It has been announce that Night of Joy will be changing venues for the 2016 event. The Christian music festival will take place next year at ESPN Wide World of Sports. I’ll make sure to keep you posted with more information as I get it.
- There are a few character changes that recently occurred. Rafiki is now greeting Guests near the Swiss Family Treehouse daily at the Magic Kingdom. In addition, Stitch will no longer be meeting guests in Tomorrowland. Also, over at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Guests can meet Flik from A Bug’s Life once again in Discovery Island.
- Kali River Rapids no longer takes part in Morning Extra Magic Hours.
- The Fantasia Laundry Room at Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort is now closed. No definite end date is planned, however during this closure, Guests may use the Mighty Ducks Laundry Room at Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort.
- Beginning Nov. 5, Guests will be able to dine with an Imagineer on the first Thursday of each month at the Chef’s Domain at Cítricos. This experience includes a four-course dinner for $89 and can be upgraded to include a wine pairing for an additional $30.
- If you enjoy the edu-taiment experiences that take place at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, there are two that are coming up soon that you’ll want take part in. Guests will be able to celebrate African culture on October 8, from 10:00 a.m. –11:00 a.m. in the Jambo House lobby. This event will feature engaging activities and performances for everyone to enjoy. There will be music, dancing and plenty of inspiring pride as they represent their home countries. Guests can have their faces painted with tribal markings, decorate animal-shaped sugar cookies and learn about the many activities that are a part of African culture. In addition, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge will recognize Uganda’s Independence Day on October 9. A themed prop table will be set up at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge—Jambo House Lobby from 2:00 p.m.–3:30 p.m where Guests will be able to immerse into Uganda culture and learn fun facts.
- Gasparilla Island Grill at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort is now featuring a different specialty hot dog each day, themed to the signature flavors of various regions in the United States.
The signature flavors from around the nation include:
- Cleveland: French Fries, Hot Sauce, Coleslaw
- Seattle: Cream Cheese, Raw Jalapenos, Chopped Cabbage, Sriracha
- Kansas City: Sesame Seed Bun, Sauerkraut, Melted Swiss Cheese
- Memphis: Bacon Wrapped, Barbecue Sauce, Chopped Scallions, Shredded Cheddar
- Idaho: Baked Potato, Bacon Bits, Chives, Sour Cream
- New York: Mustard, Sauerkraut, Onion Sauce
- Chicago: Poppy Seed Bun, Pickle Spear, Celery Salt, Tomatoes, Whole Sport Peppers, Chopped Onions, Neon Green Relish, Mustard
That’s it for this edition. Thoughts?