Are you ready to ring in the New Year? Ok, maybe not quite yet, but it is time to start planning for those who are considering a trip to Walt Disney World during the New Year’s holiday. I mean what better place to ring in the new year than in the ultimate party atmosphere with fireworks, entertainment, and great dining. Here’s what you can expect to experience if you decide to head down to Florida to ring in 2016.
Magic Kingdom – Guests can welcome 2016 on not one night, but two. The Magic Kingdom will present the incredible Fantasy in the Sky fireworks on both December 30, and December 31 at 11:50 p.m.
Epcot – Guests can celebrate all night long as DJs and live music will take place around World Showcase. Of course, there will be a fireworks spectacular courtesy of two showings of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth–one at 6:00 p.m. featuring the holiday tag and one at 11:40 p.m., which will be followed by a countdown and pyrotechnic salute to the New Year.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Rock ’n’ roll into the New Year with a brilliant fireworks spectacular at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The show will be presented on December 31 near the Hyperion Theater at midnight.
In the parks, there will be a number of great options for guests to choose from.
Magic Kingdom – For guests with a sweet tooth, there will be a New Year’s Eve fireworks dessert party twice nightly during the “Fantasy in the Sky” fireworks spectacular December 30-31 at Tomorrowland Terrace. Reservations can be made up to two weeks in advance by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
Epcot – Epcot World Showcase offers a variety of New Year’s Eve lunch and dinner options.
- There will be a 9:30 p.mm seating at La Hacienda de San Angel at the Mexico pavilion that will feature live music, premium tequilas, festive décor, and incredible views of the IllumiNations. The meal includes a five-course feast featuring a special Surf and Turf entrée. This event is $280.13 for adults and $73.46 for children ages 3-9 (includes tax and gratuity).
- In the France Pavilion at Monsieur Paul enjoy your choice of a lunch or dinner seating featuring a three-course meal for $85 per person (plus tax and gratuity. There will also be a four-course premiere dining event from 8:45-9:50 p.m. for $235 per person, or $295 with wine (plus tax and gratuity).
- At Le Cellier Steakhouse in the Canada Pavilion, guests can enjoy a decadent, multi-course menu. Reservations are available at 4:30, 6:45 and 9 p.m., with prices varying per seating.
- Enjoy a New Year’s Eve dinner buffet at the Epcot World ShowPlace. This holiday dining location offers a a delicious menu items for guests of all ages. The experience also features photo opportunities with unique vignettes of classic Disney characters. Dinner is served from 4:30-10:30 p.m. and tickets cost $71.84 for adults and $44.37 for children ages 3-9 (plus tax).
Considering dining outside the parks? You’re covered there too with quite a few wonderful options.
- Guests can celebrate at California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort with an exquisite gala that includes appearances by favorite Disney characters, complimentary alcoholic beverages, and a magnificent view of the Magic Kingdom fireworks. This event features elaborate food stations for guests to enjoy throughout the restaurant. Dinner seating is at 8:00 p.m. and cost is $625 per person (includes tax and gratuity).
- New Year’s Eve dinner at Victoria & Albert’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort is an extravagant affair complete with ten courses and elite wine pairings throughout the evening. This incredible experience features a harpist, lavish décor, a personalized menu, and a long-stem rose for ladies.
- Narcoosee’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort provides two dinner seatings. Prices vary per seating.
- To begin the New Year with style, guests ages 21 and over can welcome 2016 at the Atlantic Dance Hall at Disney’s BoardWalk. This special-ticket event includes a live band, champagne toast at midnight, and plenty of dance space on the main floor for an evening of swinging fun. Tickets can be purchased for $37 per person. For an extra VIP New Year’s Eve experience, guests can purchase tickets for private access to the second floor balcony and a dessert party to the backdrop of Epcot’s fireworks spectacular. This special celebration is $80 for each adult.
- For a celebratory New Year’s Day feast, guests can book brunch at Chef Mickey’s at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Price is $44.72 for adults and $26.62 for children ages 3-9.
- Walt Disney World Swan Hotel offers a buffet buffet accompanied by Disney Character greetings at the Garden Grove. The price is $48.98 for adults and $21.29 for children ages 3-9 (includes tax but not gratuity). Or enjoy Il Mulino, with reservations available from 7:15-11 p.m. for $105 for adults and $39 for children ages 3-9 (plus tax and gratuity).
For more information, be sure to check out the New Year’s Eve page.
One thing is for sure, no matter how you choose to ring in 2016 at Walt Disney World, there is no wrong way to do it! These are just some of the fantastic ideas. Which one would you choose?