In Case You Missed It: Disney News and Rumors – Week of October 16, 2015

ICYMIHow have you been in the past week? Good I hope.

We have some very intriguing articles this week, including a look at what Inside Out could have been, an interview with celebrity chef Art Smith, and much more! Are you ready, cause I am. Let’s go!

In Case You Missed It – Disney and Universal Orlando News and Rumors

Hmmm…for its long-term growth plan, Walt Disney World wants permission to develop far more wetland acres than it originally proposed. What do you think about all this?

Is Walt Disney World overrated? According to the Business Insider it is. See where they say you should go.

Chef Art Smith discusses his upcoming Disney Springs restaurant.

Disney has been cracking down on those websites that were securing dining reservations. Are you happy to see this?

It’s the Disney Cruise Line Smackdown! In one corner we have the Disney Fantasy. In the other corner there’s the Disney Magic. Who will win in this epic battle?

Robert Iger was announced as the 2016 inductee for the Toy Industry Hall of Fame for the impact that he has had on children’s lives.

You think you know all about Inside Out, but do you really? Here’s some things were cut and changed from the version we saw. All I can say is that it would have been a very different movie.

If you’re excited about The Good Dinosaur, here are seven secrets behind how this film was created.

Here’s a first look at new Pixar short ‘Sanjay’s Super Team’

Did you enjoy Descendants on the Disney Channel this summer? Well, a sequel is now in the works officially! What would you like to see from the follow up?

Oh all the feels! Alan Menken, Lea Salonga, and Brad Kane (the singing voices of Aladdin and Jasmine) recently performed “A Whole New World.” Also, catch these outtakes of Robin Williams performing as the Genie.

Are you curious how Halloween Horror Nights can get set up so quickly from park close to official event opening? Now we know.

In Case We Missed It

What did we miss? Attach your ideas to An Animator’s Gallery – Eric Goldberg Draws the Disney Characters and send it to blog@touringplans.com with the words “In Case You Missed It” in the subject line.

Rikki Niblett

I am a co-host of the Be Our Guest Podcast and do lots of other fun Disney stuff all around the interwebs! You can follow me on Twitter or Instagram at @RikkiNibs or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/rikkinibs

6 thoughts on “In Case You Missed It: Disney News and Rumors – Week of October 16, 2015

• October 16, 2015 at 3:21 pm

Being locals we alternate our annual passes and do one year of Disney then switch to Universal. This year we have passes to Universal and I am seriously thinking about not going back to Disney.

Universal has many more perks for AP holders and there is a lot less drama. Unless your kids are stroller age go with Universal.

• October 16, 2015 at 3:50 pm

We are encouraged by Disney to make our dining reservations 180 days out. Disney charges full ticket prices during periods that MK is closed at 7:00 pm for ticketed events, for which Disney also charges a fee. When we are scheduled to visit there will only three days out of seven that the MK does not close early. I used Touring Plans to schedule around this.

However, I just found out that Disney will also be filming the Xmas parade Nov 10-13 during which time Main Street and the courtyard in front of The castle will be jammed. It is inconsiderate of Disney to spring this on folks who are required to plan and pay in full, well in advance of their trip.

• October 18, 2015 at 5:09 am

I totally agree. We will be there during that time too. If I switch my park days to avoid the parade filming, I’ll lose my hard to get in park dining reservations that I woke up at 5:45am to reserve almost 180 days ago. We have to plan everything out six months+ in advance. They should too.

• October 18, 2015 at 8:07 pm

I think Disney should offer its own reservation finder service. This may be the reason they are shutting down all these other websites offering this. I used one to get a dinner ADR at Be Our Guest last year and would be happy to pay a small fee for this service when I visit next time.

• October 19, 2015 at 3:44 pm

Hi I like your site, but it is super annoying when you put a link to an article which can only be read if you get a subscription.

• October 19, 2015 at 4:29 pm

My apologies. I do look to make sure that articles are not ones where you have to have a subscription to read them, however, I guess occasionally one will fall through the cracks.