Flights of Wonder at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Added As FastPass+ Option

©Disney
©Disney

Disney has been changing up their FastPass+ options lately. Earlier this week, Brian shared that Epcot would be seeing some major changes what with Soarin’s upcoming refurbishment, as well as with the closure of Captain EO.

Now, Disney’s Animal Kingdom will be seeing a FastPass+ change as well with the addition of Flights of Wonder into the mix. Beginning on November 25, Guests will have the opportunity to choose the exotic bird show as one of their three experiences. This educational show combines live animals, a conservation message, and humor.

FastPass+ Attractions at Disney’s Animal Kingdom (as of November 25)

• DINOSAUR
  • Expedition Everest
  • Festival of the Lion King
  • Finding Nemo – The Musical
  • Flights of Wonder
  • It’s Tough to Be a Bug!
  • Kali River Rapids
  • Kilimanjaro Safaris
  • Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost
  • Primeval Whirl

As a reminder, Guests who visit Disney’s Animal Kingdom have the option to choose from any of the FastPass+ attractions available to make up their first three FastPass+ selections.  For more information about using FastPass+ at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, make sure to check out our tips page.

Rikki Niblett

I am a co-host of the Be Our Guest Podcast and do lots of other fun Disney stuff all around the interwebs! You can follow me on Twitter or Instagram at @RikkiNibs or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/rikkinibs

5 thoughts on “Flights of Wonder at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Added As FastPass+ Option

• November 21, 2015 at 2:49 pm

Ok… it’s a good show, and we see it every time we’re there, but I’ve never been when there wasn’t at least a couple of rows of benches completely empty, and we were there at mid-day this past August. There’s not a bad seat in that house as far as I can tell… so I’m not seeing the need.

I wonder if there’s a certain cachet that goes with an attraction having FP+ such that greater interest is built if an attraction has it?

• November 21, 2015 at 7:27 pm

It does seem that Disney is going in the direction of making a trip to WDW much like a Disney Cruise, with all activities scheduled in advance.

• November 22, 2015 at 9:39 am

Unless Disney starts offering more than three FPs in advance, I can’t see anyone picking Flights of Wonder. The only time I could ever see this happening is when people go for a 4th FP on the busiest days. Even so, I still feel like it would be one of the last options. Very weird.

• November 23, 2015 at 6:42 am

Even though it isn’t worth using an FP on Flights of Wonder as it rarely has a wait. As it is on the FP list it will draw peoples attention to the show and make people think about watching it who maybe would have walked straight past before.

• November 23, 2015 at 8:38 am

I sound a bit conspiratorial…but I get a strong sense WDW brass are really trying to wrest control of vacation planning from the UnofficialGuide (and similar sites) and turn a WDW vacation into what Dean Finder stated. It will always be relatively easy for a single or couple of guests to be a bit spontaneous, but I can’t see a family planning a WDW vacation without a tremendous time investment pre-trip mastering the reservation systems and numerous changes…all while spending much more time finding dining reservations 6 months out than actually eating on property.
    What was once fun and made much more simple thanks to touringplans.com now requires a slavish devotion to Disney’s website and apps, in my opinion.
    It’s getting close to that tipping point for me.