The holiday season is rapidly approaching! If you’ll be visiting Walt Disney World this holiday season, because there will be large crowds, the resort has made (and will be adding more as we get closer) quite a few changes that you should be aware of to make your holiday season better in Florida. So, if you’ll be like me and be one of the crazy people visiting the parks and resorts during these last few weeks of there year, here’s what you need to know.
- Additional Food and Beverage offerings will be available for Guests at the Magic Kingdom from December 19 through January 2.
- Diamond Horseshoe: Offering Quick Service lunch (11 a.m. – 3 p.m.) and Table Service dinner (starting at 4:30 p.m.) daily
- Market Street Sandwich Cart: Offering Italian-themed sandwiches and salads
- Storybook Circus Sandwich Cart: Offering Sandwiches and salads
- Tomorrowland Terrace: Offering burgers
- Prince Eric’s Village Market: Offering prepackaged sandwiches, caprese cups and salads
- Aunt Polly’s: Offering prepackaged sandwiches and salads
- Westward Ho: Offering corn dogs
- Turkey Legs: Cool Ship, Frontierland Turkey Leg Wagon, Tomorrowland Turkey Leg Cart, Liberty Square Turkey Leg Cart, Heritage House Turkey Leg Cart
- Peco’s Bill Tall Tale Inn & Cafe: Offering southwest burger
- Lady Tremaine, the Stepsisters and Fairy Godmother have returned to their normal meet and greets near the castle. In the morning, you can find them on the west side of Cinderella Castle, by Cinderella’s fountain. In the afternoon, they will be on the west side of the castle, by Sir Mickey’s.
- Another character change is that Princess Tiana has returned to the Liberty Square Glade behind Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe.
- The following entertainment offerings will be offered at the Magic Kingdom from December 19-31:
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
- Celebrate the Season
- A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas
- Holiday Wishes (Fantasy in the Sky will be presented in addition to Holiday Wishes December 30-31)
- Snowfall on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade will return to Magic Kingdom January 1, presented at noon and 3:30pm through January 2.
- The final performance of A Frozen Holiday Wish is January 2, with Castle Dream Lights remaining in the park through January 12.
- For Guests who would like to celebrate Christmas with religious services, the Walt Disney World Resort will host them on Christmas Day in the Fantasia Ballroom of Disney’s Contemporary Resort.The service schedule will be as follows: Catholic Mass: 8:00 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. and Protestant Service: 9:00 a.m. Parking is available at Contemporary Resort for Guests with a confirmed resort or dining reservation. Guests staying at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa should use Monorail Transportation provided to Contemporary Resort. All other Guests should be instructed to take a bus to Magic Kingdom Park and board the shuttle to Contemporary Resort. Shuttle service will begin at 7:00 a.m.
- At Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, Guests who visit the Great Ceremonial House will be treated to holiday performers, character meet and greets and even a visit from Santa Claus himself! The full schedule is as follows:
Wednesday, December 16 – Holiday Performers at 6:30 & 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, December 17 – Character Greetings from 4:45 – 8:30 p.m.
Friday, December 18 – Holiday Performers at 6:30 & 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, December 19 – Character Greetings from 4:45 – 8:30 p.m.
Sunday, December 20 – Holiday Performers at 6:30 & 7:30 p.m.
Monday, December 21 – Character Greetings from 4:45 – 8:30 p.m.
Tuesday, December 22 – Holiday Performers at 6:30 & 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday, December 23 – Character Greetings from 4:45 – 8:30 p.m.
Thursday, December 24 – Meet Santa Claus from 5 – 9 p.m.
- At Disney’s Contemporary Resort Guests will be able to enjoy Guest performance groups, character meet and greets and even a visit from good ole Saint Nick on the 4th floor Grand Canyon Concourse. Here is the full schedule of events:
Wednesday, December 16 – St. Cloud High School “Bella Voce” performing at 6 and 7 p.m.
Friday, December 18 – George Jenkins High School Concert Choir performing at 6 and 7 p.m.
Saturday, December 19 – Character Meet & Greet from 5:15-9 p.m.
Sunday, December 20 – Lake Nona High School Advanced Women’s Choir performing at 6 and 7 p.m.
Monday, December 21 – Character Meet & Greet from 5:15-9 p.m.
Tuesday, December 22 – Lake Brantley High School “Voices of Freedom” performing at 6 and 7 p.m.
Wednesday, December 23 – Character Meet & Greet from 5:15-9 p.m.
Thursday, December 24 – meet Santa from 5-9 p.m.
- Martha’s Vineyard at Disney’s Beach Club Resort will be opening up at 12:00 p.m. on December 31 and January 1, to show the College Football Playoff games.
I’ll keep you posted on additional holiday happenings as they get released!