New Year’s Eve is rapidly approaching and as we say goodbye to 2015, there are a few things you should know about celebrating at the theme parks of Walt Disney World. Disney is the ultimate party atmosphere on New Year’s Eve, so you want to make sure to get the most out of your experience. Here’s what you should know, both in general and park by park:
- If possible, eat at off-peak times. Avoid dining from noon-2:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
- Stay in the parks after midnight to avoid the rush to the parking lot.
- There will be two fireworks show on December 30 and 31: Holiday Wishes New Year Celebration – 6:30 p.m. and Fantasy in the Sky – 11:50 p.m.
- Guests will be able to experience special dance parties on both December 30 and 31. One in Frontierland from 7:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m. and one at the Castle Stage from 9:30 p.m. until 2:00 a.m.
Complimentary cookies and cocoa will be available for Guests on December 31 from midnight until 1:00 a.m. at Columbia Harbour House and at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe.
Hats and Horns will be distributed on December 31 beginning at 4 p.m. in the following locations, while supplies last:
- Near Splash Mountain
- Near Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- East FastPass+ viewing lawn
- Illuminations will take place twice on December 31: Holiday finale at 6:00 p.m. and the New Year’s Countdown at 11:40 p.m.
- Hats and horns will be distributed beginning at 4:30 p.m. and last until supplies run out at the Disney Performing Arts stage in Future World West, the Wonders of Life walkway in Future World East, and at the American Adventure.
- DJs will be found at the following locations:
- Future World West Fountain Stage
- United Kingdom
- Japan (Silent Groove)
- America Gardens Theatre
Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
- Lights! Camera! Happy New Year! Fireworks will take place at 12:00 a.m.
- Hats and horns will be distributed beginning at 4:00 p.m. on New Year’s Eve. The can be found at the following locations:
- Echo Lake-entering at Min & Bill’s Dockside Diner
- Toy Story Midway Mania-Entering toward Toy Story Midway Mania and exiting at the Coke bottle.
- Fantasmic! pre-show-the 7:00 p.m. show only
Disney’s Animal Kingdom:
- Guests can enjoy continuous entertainment on December 31 from 3:30-8:30 p.m. in Africa, including Burudika Band, DJ Khalifa and character greetings with Rafiki and friends. Food and beverage will be available for purchase.
For more information, be sure to check out the New Year’s Eve page.