In Case You Missed It: Disney News and Rumors – Week of March 11, 2016

ICYMIThis week the Disney news was flying. Rumors were abounding and lots of discussion was had in the social atmosphere. It was kind of a crazy week!

So, let’s take a look at it all, shall we? Would you pay a resort fee to stay at a Disney resort? Do you want to go to the Yule Ball? Do you want to learn more about Captain America? Read further to find out more on all these great topics and more!

In Case You Missed It – Disney and Universal Orlando News and Rumors

Last week, it was announced that Disney was building two new cruise ships. This week, we have confirmation that the previous builder, Meyer Weft will be creating the new ships, as well.

So, there’s this…Disney is thinking of adding a resort fee to your hotel stay. I’m going to be frank and say that this is something I personally abhor. It is a pet peeve of mine when hotels do this. What say you? Would you have a problem with this? (Especially when it seems that most of the things mentioned as part of the “resort fee” are already things you get for staying at the resort currently.)

The internet has exploded because of this lady. I kind of love the story behind this one. It’s something I would do.

Looking for a turkey leg? You’re not going to be able to get one at Disney’s Animal Kingdom going forward. First the churro, now this? What are you doing Animal Kingdom?

Hong Kong Disneyland has a new managing director, Samuel Lau.

So….what does everyone think of Captain America Civil War?

If you are curious about the upcoming Captain America film, here are 11 Things [Nerdist] Learned On the Captain America Civil War Set. (Warning…don’t read if you worry about spoilers.)

Well, Zootopia did it again….it proved that Disney is on an animation roll. Crazy to think that it grossed the highest box office opening ever for an animated film. Did you see the movie? What did you think?

Zootopia is ripe with Easter eggs…here are some you may not have noticed. Which was your favorite Easter egg?

If you have a little one, you’ll soon have some new show options including “Vampirina” and “Puppy Dog Tales”. What is your kids (or your) favorite Disney Junior show?

This week, we got to learn more about who would be voicing the characters in the upcoming Tangled TV series.

DuckTales! Whoo hoo! Get your first glimpse at the rebooted cartoon!

Oh my gosh! Could I go to the Yule Ball in Hogsmede or catch other holiday themed festivities in The Wizarding World?

In Case We Missed It

What did we miss? Attach your ideas to a Zootopia Women’s Limited Edition Tee and send it to blog@touringplans.com with the words “In Case You Missed It” in the subject line.

Rikki Niblett

I am a co-host of the Be Our Guest Podcast and do lots of other fun Disney stuff all around the interwebs! You can follow me on Twitter or Instagram at @RikkiNibs or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/rikkinibs

9 thoughts on “In Case You Missed It: Disney News and Rumors – Week of March 11, 2016

• March 11, 2016 at 4:24 pm

That woman’s body language & scowl are Hilarious 😀
    Hope hubby vindicated himself at some point during the trip, then they both can laugh at the memory in years to come.

• March 11, 2016 at 9:24 pm

Speaking of Zootopia Easter Eggs, did no one notice that Sgt. Judy Hopps is a reference to Sgt. Judy Hoffs (Holly Robinson) from the original 21 Jump Street series.

• March 12, 2016 at 1:17 am

I hate additional fees. Roll costs into the current pricing (which keeps going up anyway) or don’t bother. I’m surprised Disney is even considering it considering how frustrated customers have been since airlines decided to charge fees for checked bags (previously free) and meals and snacks (previously free) and anything else they could come up with. It’s lousy customer service, and it’s not like people aren’t already paying an arm and a leg to stay there. Don’t do it, Disney!

• March 12, 2016 at 2:04 am

Resort fees at Disney would be a disgrace. The premium to stay on site is already excessive & I wouldn’t be prepared to pay any more. It would send me off site I’m afraid.

• March 12, 2016 at 7:35 am

Can I opt out of the resort fee if I don’t want to use the mentioned inclusions? If not, then roll it into the price of the room.

• March 12, 2016 at 10:35 am

RE: Splash Mountain picture…we’ve done poses at a lot of rides…nothing to get us kicked out of course…the angry lady is probably a joke.

RE: Resort fees…another way of sneaking in a room price increase. Very bad form! Now, if they let us pay less if we promise to not use those services then I would be all in on that.

• March 12, 2016 at 4:48 pm

I think resort fees should be illegal. It allows a hotel to advertise lower rates than the customer will ultimately have to pUrchase (false advertising). Since everyone has to pay the resort fee anyway just raise the room rates. I don’t understand what WDW is trying to accomplish here. Resort fees are a shady way of charging a consumer more…again if you want to make more money just raise the room rates.

• March 13, 2016 at 4:31 pm

I HATE resort fees. Disney continuing to show its greed knows no bounds and less and less care is paid to customers.

Didn’t read the article, but title alone those 2 new DJr shows sound terrible! Why is Disney introducing such awful programming? The shows keep getting worse and worse.

• March 15, 2016 at 1:12 am

Hate the idea of the resort fee…I don’t want a higher room rate, but really what’s the difference…don’t be sneaky Disney!

Love finding the Easter Eggs in movies – so fun!