A Very Short Survey About The Price Of A Touringplans.com Subscription

take_survey_iconIf you have a spare minute, we would greatly appreciate your responses to this very short survey about the price of a touringplans.com subscription. Really, it has only four questions and will take less than two minutes. The survey is intended for current subscribers to Touringplans.com.

You can find the survey here.

Your responses are confidential and the results are for information purposes only.

Fred Hazelton

Fred Hazelton maintains the crowd calendar, theme park wait time models and does hotel rate analysis for the Unofficial Guides. He's also done the models for the new mobile wait times product Lines. Fred Hazelton is a professional statistician living in Ontario, Canada. His email address is fred@touringplans.com. You can also follow him on Twitter: @DisneyStatsWhiz.

8 thoughts on “A Very Short Survey About The Price Of A Touringplans.com Subscription

• November 21, 2016 at 12:54 pm

Wait, if I tell you how much I’d be willing to pay, is that what you’re going to charge me next year? 😉

• November 21, 2016 at 4:56 pm

I would be willing to pay a bit more. (I did participate in the survey.) But there are a couple of more new tools I would like to have. I would like a tool to pick the best week (lowest crowds) within a given time frame. Also, I would like a best park per day calculator. Input the date range that I will be there, input the number of days for each park with the option to pin a particular park to a particular day, and then it will tell me the best day for each park for the trip. Those can’t be that hard to code given the tools you already have. Thanks. I’ve been a loyal subscriber since Day 1.

• November 22, 2016 at 9:23 am

I love both of those suggestions. Those are both things that I did on my own for my upcoming trip and they were very time consuming. I’d like to be able to pick for example a trip duration of Saturday to Saturday in January or February and have it rank the weeks for me.

Then once I picked the week I’d like to do exactly what you said which is tell it that I want 2 days at MK, 2 days at EP, 1 day at AK and 1 at HS and let it tell me which days to do what. I also love the idea of being able to pin a day.

I would pay more if this tool was available as well.

One thing to keep in mind about the survey is that you are surveying the hardcore Disney fans (daily readers of the blog) who really see the value in this stuff (most of us who are already subscribed). I can see value in these tools even if the price were to rise a bit. But I’d think you’d lose a lot of the non-hardcore Disney people.

For example I can see me suggesting to a friend who is planning her trip to pay $8-10 to subscribe and her thinking maybe that was a good idea. But I know if I suggested to most friends that they should subscribe to a website for $20 to help them plan their Disney trip, 95% of them would pass (even though personally I think having access to make a touring plan that will save you hours in line would easily be worth $20 when spending thousands on a trip).

• November 21, 2016 at 5:10 pm

I’m not currently subscribing, so I can’t take part in the survey. I’m not a frequent visitor, so I only subscribe when I have an upcoming trip. I get incredible value from the subscription when I need it.

• November 22, 2016 at 4:19 pm

I would be interested in participating in the survey but as someone without a current subscription it booted me.
    As someone who follows the blog at least a few times a week and reading probably 75% of the postings as an escape from the daily grind but only subscribes when planning a trip I suspect I am similar to many of your users.
    I’m not sure what price would give me pause but with your pricing during the past two planning periods I’ve had for trips the first thing I’ve done after deciding that we are about to book a trip is subscribe and start using your tools.

• November 23, 2016 at 12:37 pm

I am a current subscriber and participated in the survey. I agree with the first two commenters. I as a hard core touringplans person would pay a bit more with some new crowd calendar tools. I think the tool should also factor in EMH and days where there are Halloween or XMAS parties. I also agree that new subscribers may not realize the value of the subscription at first and may pass altogether if the price is too high.

• November 24, 2016 at 6:26 pm

I only suggest the subscription to those who frequent the parks. Sometimes, this information is too much for a first timer that may never go again. However, I value my subscription to WDW & DLR & do not want to go without it in case I need it. I look for savings with another website that you advertise with & that makes it definitely worth it!

• November 24, 2016 at 6:28 pm

I forgot to add: I love your expertise and appreciate your research! Len & his team are brilliant! That makes my subscription worth it too.