I am super happy to see that the Epcot Festival of the Arts is returning. Debuting last year, the festival celebrates everything artistic. This includes visual arts, culinary arts, performing arts, and so much more.
The festival has been expanded for 2018, with it taking place every day this year, from January 12 through February 19. During the Epcot Festival of the Arts, Guests will be able to see some gorgeous works of art in person. They will also be able to participate in seminars and watch the creative process live. There are multiple food booths called Food Studios located around the World Showcase promenade which features dishes that are serious works of art. Finally, through a collaboration with Disney Theatrical, favorite music and Broadway talent will perform at the America Gardens Theatre singing the award-winning music of Disney on Broadway. (Which I recently shared details about how you can now book the Disney on Broadway Dining Packages.)
Here is the rundown of what you can expect to experience at this year’s Epcot Festival of the Arts:
There are not only Featured Exhibits that contain unique artwork, but many of the World Showcase pavilion’s artwork is also highlighted. These Featured Exhibits can be seen in the Odyssey Festival Showplace.
- Disney’s Iconic Artists – Study pieces that are responsible for creating so many childhood memories.
- Disney-Inspired Original Art – Take home original artwork created by some of Disney’s most beloved artists.
- American Heritage Gallery – American Adventure: Journey through 400 years of African-American achievement.
- Art of Disney – Future World West: Purchase work by popular Disney artists as well as Festival merchandise.
- Bijutsu-kan Gallery – Japan: Delve into the origin and evolution of “kawaii,” Japan’s cute culture.
- Gallery of Arts and History – Morocco – Check out the unique designs of time-honored crafts.
- House of the Whispering Willows – China: Discover the wonders of the new Shanghai Disney Resort.
- Mexico Folk Art Gallery – Mexico: Celebrate the traditions of Día de Muertos.
- Stave Church Gallery – Norway: Observe art representational of the culture that influenced Disney’s Frozen.
- Chalk Gallery – World Showcase: Watch imaginative chalk artists recreate works by famous masters.
During the festival you will be able to sign up for and participate in unique and interactive workshops. These workshops will teach Guests different skills, from sculpting, to artwork, to floral arranging, to calligraphy, and more. There really is something for everyone. (Seriously…these seminars are some of the most intriguing seminars I’ve seen….there are SO MANY I would want to take part in.) The seminars are incredibly cool and informative. All seminars will take place at the Odyssey Festival Showplace. Check here for a full list of seminars and workshops.
With unique and artistically-inclined photo ops throughout the park, Guests will be able to Cross the Delaware with George Washington, scream along with Edvard Munch and flash your best Mona Lisa smile at immersive photo stops that let you “step into” some of the most-admired artwork from around the world. These photo opportunities will be located throughout World Showcase.
Guests will be able to see and explore the art from artists representing both Disney and visiting galleries who will be there during the course of the Festival to demonstrate their skills while exhibiting original art. Each weekend provides a unique experience for collectors as Guests can meet and greet the artists, purchase original pieces and watch creativity come to life. There will be one-of-a-kind “art on demand” as well as original paintings and reproductions throughout the park.
In addition, you can stop by locations throughout World Showcase and Future World Plaza for special merchandise featuring the Festival’s logo.
Festival Merchandise Locations
- Art of Disney (Future World West)
- Mouse Gear (Future World East)
- Tents throughout the World Showcase
Experience the magic of Disney animation at this drawing class taught by actual Disney artists.
Figment’s Brush with the Masters Scavenger Hunt
Help Figment learn about art on this scavenger hunt around World Showcase! Guests can purchase a map with stickers at Pin Central, Disney Traders or World Traveler. Then, Guests will be able to search for Figment hiding inside famous works of art at each World Showcase pavilion by looking for the Figment-themed picture frame. Every time you find Figment, add the corresponding sticker to the pavilion on your map. Once you’ve found all of Figment’s hiding spots, return your map to Disney Traders for an artful surprise!
Hands-On Wall Mural
This was really popular last year. Guests should dead to the World Showcase Plaza and watch art come alive on a giant mural created by Guests.
Kidcot Fun Stops
Enjoy an art-filled odyssey all around World Showcase.
World Showcase: Destinations Discovered Tour
Participate in this five hour hour and immerse yourself in the architecture, culture, food and history of 11 countries throughout World Showcase.
Stay tuned! I’ll have the Epcot Festival of the Arts menus for the Food Studios for you soon here on the blog!