Welcome to your one-stop shop for our news from Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Universal Orlando, and more.
Walt Disney World News of the Week
- Fred has some updates to the Crowd Calendar for May 2019 and beyond. See if the updates impact your trip.
- New rules about strollers and smoking went into effect this week. Do they impact your park touring?
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios is getting a new official logo. What to you think of the new look?
- With Galaxy’s Edge opening later this summer at WDW, Disney has announced Extra, Extra Magic Hours for later in the year, with some parks opening at 6:00 a.m. for WDW hotel guests.
- What’s cuter than otters? Nothing. The answer is that nothing is cuter than otters. And good news–you can now get your fix at Otter Grotto at Disney’s Animal Kingdom park.
- Confused about Disney World tickets? We have EVERYTHING you need to know about the Park Hopper option in this handy FAQ.
- Fancy Nancy is now greeting guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. And you can get a fancy makeover too. Oh la la!
- Angela tours the studio and 1-bedroom villas at Disney World’s Copper Creek villas at the Wilderness Lodge. This tour is a follow-up to last week’s look at the swoon-worthy Copper Creek cabins. Is Copper Creek on your list of places to stay during your next Disney visit?
- Free dining season is upon us. Here’s the offer for Disney Visa cardholders.
- Ever bugged by flying critters at WDW? Julia has the info you need about Lovebug season.
- There’s a new table service restaurant coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, in the Toy Story Land area. What are your thoughts on Roundup Rodeo BBQ?
- Brian answers reader questions on YouTube about all aspects of trip planning.
- The U.S. Navy Blue Angels flew over Epcot on Thursday. Were you able to see the awe-inspiring display?
- Julia has a rundown of your breakfast options in Animal Kingdom’s Pandora.
- There’s a new signature experience at Cinderella’s Royal Table in the Magic Kingdom. Would you treat your princess to this?
- John showed us how to find deals on WDW hotels via Priceline. Here’s the scoop for the month of May.
- Minnie Mouse greeted guests in a new floral frock at Epcot’s Flower & Garden Festival.
Disneyland News of the Week
- STAR WARS: GALAXY’S EDGE IS OPENING THIS MONTH AT DISNEYLAND! (Can you tell we’re excited!) Rikki has the 411 on how to make reservations to visit this new land.
Universal Orlando News of the Week
- Just in time for summer, Derek’s Saturday Six this week tells you everything you need to know about Universal’s Volcano Bay water park. Everybody into the pool!
- Planning a trip to Universal Orlando this holiday season? We’ve got news about some discounts that might make your trip a little easier.
- Brian takes us on a tour of Marvel Superhero Island at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure. Oh Marvel, you and your licensing agreements with Disney and Universal confuse me so.
- Derek’s Saturday Six covered the six top reasons we love Universal’s Marvel Superhero Island. Can you tell that Avengers: Endgame was released last week and everyone at TouringPlans had superheroes on the brain.
- Looking to save money on Disney souvenirs? Derek is back with his monthly report on what’s you can find at the Disney outlet stores in Orlando. One word: Banshees.
- They’ll soon be digging up the personalized paving stones that have encircled the Magic Kingdom for decades. You can now buy a personalized Disney paving stone online as a memento.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom is selling some interesting beaded jewelry. These would make a great Mother’s Day gift.
- The Trophy Room store at Disney Springs is closing at the end of the month.
- The Basin shop at Disney Springs is offering three exclusive sugar whips scrubs available only at that location. Are you unicorn, mermaid, or fruity?
- Uniqlo is offering fun Star Wars tees at all their stores, including the Disney Springs location.
Beyond the Parks
- Adventures by Disney just announced their latest itineraries. They’re headed to Egypt soon! Is an AbD trip on your bucket list?
- You’ve heard of Crocs. You’ve heard of fanny packs. But have you heard of Crocs with their own built-in fanny packs? Let us know if you’d wear these on your Disney vacation.
- Did you know that to get ready for Galaxy’s Edge, Brian and Angela have been doing a full rewatch of all the Star Wars movies? You can watch along and discuss the films with them on our YouTube channel. This is what they’ve done so far:
The Week Ahead
If you’re planning to the visit to the parks soon, here’s what’s going on this week.
- The week ahead at Walt Disney World
- The week ahead at Disneyland
- The week ahead at Universal Orlando
- The week ahead on Disney Cruise Line
Save time! Save money! Have fun! For complete access to all of our great vacation-planning tools like the Crowd Calendar, customizable Touring Plans, Cheapest Ticket Calculator, Dining Reservation Finder, Hotel Room Request automator, and MORE, subscribe to TouringPlans.com.