Welcome to your one-stop shop for our news from Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Universal Orlando, and more.
Walt Disney World News of the Week
- Upgraded MagicBands will soon be available to WDW resort guests, for a fee of course. What do you think of this option?
- Looking for a deal at the Swan or Dolphin resort? Check out Priceline and Hotel Canary.
- Music news for the 2019 Epcot Food & Wine Festival – Disney has released the list of performers for the Eat to the Beat Concert Series and pricing for the Eat to the Beat Dining Packages. Dining packages go on sale on May 15.
- Angela got to go to the 30th Anniversary of Hollywood Studios event. SHE MET EWOKS!
- Julia had ideas for last-minute Mother’s Day reservations at WDW.
- Did you know that Mickey Celebration donuts are bigger than your head?
- Tickets are now on sale for the new NBA Experience at Disney Springs.
- The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Pirates League, and Harmony Barbershop are accepting reservations online. Yahoooo!
- We’ve got news about Savi’s Workshop, an interactive experience at Galaxy’s Edge where you’ll be able to meet the mysterious “Gatherers.”
- The springtime cheesecake in the Norway pavilion is one of the prettiest desserts we’ve seen at Walt Disney World. But does it taste any good?
- Brian and Angela answered all your questions (well, most of them) on the TouringPlans podcast.
- One word: cupcakes!
- Pop Century resort is one of the best values at Walt Disney World. We’ve got a tour!
- There’s new yum in the Magic Kingdom. Check out this Tangled-themed eclair.
- Julia fills us in on discounts for teachers on Orlando area accommodations and attractions. THANK YOU TEACHERS FOR EVERYTHING YOU DO!
- Have you heard that there’s a new space-themed restaurant coming to Epcot later this year?
- Bongos Cuban Cafe at Disney Springs is set to close this summer. Will you miss it?
- Joseph fills us in on Visitor Toll Pass, a new way to pay for Florida road tolls for visitors with rental cars.
- There are fruity, alcoholic ice pops for sale in Epcot’s Italy pavilion, perfect for taking the edge off a stressful day.
- WE SEE DEAD PEOPLE! No wait, that’s a ghost on a gondola. Oh, and a monster, and an alien, and a ….
Disneyland News of the Week
- It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s Derek Burgan with photos from the sky! This week’s Saturday Six gives us an aerial tour of Disneyland with pictures of the new Galaxy’s Edge area.
- Brian was also in on the action and shared some of the aerial views of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland over on YouTube.
- Here’s how Disneyland will be enforcing capacity limits at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- Working on your roar? Then head over to Disney’s California Adventure this summer to see a new theatrical production, Tale of the Lion King.
- Disneyland is offering a new Flex Passport ticket option. Is this right for you?
- Rinse Bath and Body Works, a fixture at Disney World festivals, now has a permanent outpost at Disneyland, Downtown Disney.
- Do not spend time waiting for food in Galaxy’s Edge! Mobile order will be available for Docking Bay 7 Food & Cargo, Ronto Roasters, and the Milk Stand.
- And here’s a run-down of the Galaxy’s Edge food you won’t be waiting in line for.
- And drinks! Here are your Galaxy’s Edge drink selections. SO MANY FUN CHOICES.
Beyond the Parks
- Are you thinking of becoming a Disney Vacation Club member? Our monthly DVC report includes some questions to ask yourself before you buy.
- Disney Cruise Line added some additional sailings on the Dream for late summer 2020. Do those sail dates work with your vacation plans?
- Disney’s Aulani resort in Hawaii is offering discounts for stays this fall. There are even some transportation discounts in the mix.
- We’re going to be taking a tour of your shopping options in Epcot’s World Showcase. First stop, Germany!
- There aren’t any pandas at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, but there is a lot of panda merchandise. Here’s where to find it.
- There’s a new Banshee in town, and you can color coordinate it with your beverage. Um, Instagram much?
- Blue milk? Well, sort of.
- There is a National Eat What You Want Day. For realz. See how some of the TouringPlans writers would choose to celebrate this epic event at Disney World. What would your selections be?
- Did you know that to get ready for Galaxy’s Edge, Brian and Angela have been doing a full rewatch of all the Star Wars movies? You can watch along and discuss the films with them on our YouTube channel. This is what they’ve done so far:
The Week Ahead
If you’re planning to the visit to the parks soon, here’s what’s going on this week.
- The week ahead at Walt Disney World
- The week ahead at Disneyland
- The week ahead at Universal Orlando
- The week ahead on Disney Cruise Line
Save time! Save money! Have fun! For complete access to all of our great vacation-planning tools like the Crowd Calendar, customizable Touring Plans, Cheapest Ticket Calculator, Dining Reservation Finder, Hotel Room Request automator, and MORE, subscribe to TouringPlans.com.