Welcome to your one-stop shop for our news from Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Universal Orlando, and more.
Walt Disney World News of the Week
- See what Steve’s thoughts are on the Crowd Calendar with the Crowd Calendar Update for June.
- We’ve got 11 things you need to know about visiting Typhoon Lagoon with a young child.
- Brian and Angela talked with Frank Cardillo from the Dillo’s Diz podcast about Hollywood Studios history and plans for the future.
- Brian has a full video tour of the Yacht & Beach Club resort.
- Here’s another reason why you should ALWAYS bring your wallet to Disney World.
- Angela takes us on a tour of a one-bedroom villa at Old Key West.
- Julia has her WDW picks for National Hamburger Day.
- WDW is serving up rainbow treats for Pride Month.
- And then they added MORE rainbow treats!
- The antipasto salad at PizzeRizzo is, well, salad.
- The 2019 Flower and Garden Festival is now over. What did you think?
- Changes to Epcot will be announced at the D23 convention this summer.
- H2O Glow Nights at Typhoon Lagoon will have lots of fun dining options.
- There’s news about the dining options at the new Gran Destino Tower at Coronado Springs.
- Wilderness Explorers at Animal Kingdom has new hours.
- Get a character printed waffle topper for your ice cream in June.
- This bugs ‘n grubs ice cream is a messy, but yummy, summer treat.
- Bo Peep will be greeting guests at Hollywood Studios this summer.
- Disney is offering special PhotoPass photo ops for Pride month. So fun!
- The new Toy Story 4 cupcake features Forky, and we made him a friend.
- “Member Since” buttons are available free to Disney Vacation Club members.
Disneyland News of the Week
All the Disneyland news this week was Galaxy’s Edge news. See our coverage below.
Universal Orlando News of the Week
- Islands of Adventure is celebrating its 20th anniversary. We look back at our readers’ favorite parts of IoA.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge News of the Week
We laughed, we cried, we drank blue milk. (Seriously, Brian cried, then we cried, and it was all just a sloppy mess.) Read all about the happenings at Galaxy’s Edge!
- Brian created an opening day video tour of Galaxy’s Edge. He made me cry.
- We’ve got a round-up of all our pre-opening Galaxy’s Edge news.
- This was our first taste of Blue Milk.
- We visited Oga’s Cantina. JUST LIKE THE CANTINA IN THE MOVIES!
- Len and Guy share their first impressions of the Millennium Falcon ride.
- We’ve got news about allergy-friendly menu options at Galaxy’s Edge.
- The Beers on Batuu will be made by craft brewers.
- You can buy the Galaxy’s Edge music on iTunes.
- Guy has a video review of the Coke bottles on Batuu.
- There were lots of instructions for Disneyland hotel guests visiting Galaxy’s Edge.
- You can build your own droid at Droid Depot.
- The Creature Stall is where you find all the creatures of Batuu.
- Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities is the spot for really special merchandise.
- Here’s what the Ronto Roasters food really looks like.
- The trash cans in Galaxy’s Edge could be mistaken for droids.
- We got to meet Rey!
- This was the experience early on Galaxy’s Edge opening day.
- Some more traditional Galaxy’s Edge merchandise can be found at the Emporium on Main Street.
- This how the entrance process went on Day 1.
- Docking Bay 7 is the main spot for meals. We’ve got a photo tour of the offerings.
- Derek’s Saturday Six covered the Do’s and Don’ts of Galaxy’s Edge.
Disney Cruise Line
- There are lots of entertainment changes happening on the Disney ships this summer.
- The Magic, The Memories, The Merch! Derek is here with the monthly Outlet Report.
- Summer is here and that means lots of red, white, blue.
- June is Pride month and Disney has all the rainbow gear you need to show your colors.
- This Minnie Mouse balloon popcorn bucket is ADORABLE.
- We’re going on a shopping tour of Epcot’s UK pavilion.
- Check out this Pirates of the Caribbean dress and handbag. We want the redhead!
- There’s a new misting fan, perfect for those hot, hot, hot days in the parks.
- Merchandise for the new Riviera resort is now available.
- The Toy Story 4 merchandise selection now includes jewelry.
- Disney is now offering humorous versions of their iconic buttons.
- This summer you need a baseball cap and a bottle opener, or you can just buy this one product that meets both needs.
- Snuggie Snappers are wearable plush.
- Aladdin themed Dooney & Bourke bags have hit the parks and resorts.
- Did you know that to get ready for Galaxy’s Edge, Brian and Angela did a full rewatch of all the Star Wars movies? You can watch along and discuss the films with them on our YouTube channel.
The Week Ahead
If you’re planning to the visit to the parks soon, here’s what’s going on this week.
- The week ahead at Walt Disney World
- The week ahead at Disneyland
- The week ahead at Universal Orlando
- The week ahead on Disney Cruise Line
Save time! Save money! Have fun! For complete access to all of our great vacation-planning tools like the Crowd Calendar, customizable Touring Plans, Cheapest Ticket Calculator, Dining Reservation Finder, Hotel Room Request automator, and MORE, subscribe to TouringPlans.com.