Sponsored by Storybook Destinations
Ahoy, mateys! I’m Heather, and I’ll be bringing you the up and coming on all things Disney Cruise Line. Welcome back again this week. Let’s see what’s new in the DCL world!
Ports of Call
Disney Cruise Line: In The News
The Disney Wonder has wrapped up her time in dry dock, and is now on her way from Vancouver to San Diego, and there’s one ship full of lucky guests enjoying the brand new, and may I say GORGEOUS French Quarter Lounge! If it looks this good in pictures, I can’t even imagine how much fun this must be in person!
Shopping alert! New line of merch available onboard now – if Navy is your aesthetic, save some room in your luggage!
World Maritime Day was celebrated on September 26, and in honor of this day DCL paid homage to the many female crew and officers. Of course, Captain Minnie was on hand to lead the festivities!
Here’s this week’s special offers. Most every week of the year, Disney Cruise Line releases special offers for Florida Residents and U.S. Military Personnel. There are also frequently IGT/OGT/VGT rates available for all guests to book. These offers are extremely limited in availability, and all come with certain restrictions, but the prices are amazing! You can book these online, on the phone, or with your travel agent. These are the current offers available this week:
The following films are being shown aboard the Disney Cruise Line ships this month:
- Captain Marvel
- Disneynature: Penguins
- Avengers: Endgame
- Toy Story 4
- Lion King
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
For future reference, films debut on Disney Cruise Line the same day of their initial release in the United States. Films do vary by ship. Show times are available in your Personal Navigator or the official Disney Cruise Line app.
Captain’s Log: Important Tips and Information
Let’s be honest. One of the highlights of cruising is the food. Because vacation calories don’t count, or everything tastes better when it’s Mickey shaped, or “it’s free on a cruise” (though we know that it’s not), or all of the above, vacation is for indulging right? I often hear the question “what are my dining options on DCL”, so here’s a quick list!
- Main dining rooms (MDR): Each ship has three, and you’ll be assigned to one each night for dinner. Read everything you need to know about DCL’s rotational dining here! There will also be options in a select MDR for sit-down breakfast and lunch.
- Cabanas: This buffet option is on each ship in the fleet, and offers a buffet for breakfast and lunch. On many nights, it will be open as an informal sit-down alternative to the MDR with open seating times.
- Pool deck: Each ship offers various bays up on the pool deck, but you can get things like pizza, burgers, sandwiches, salads, and more And of course, can’t forget about self-serve soft-serve at Eye Scream!
- Room Service: DCL boasts 24-hour complimentary room service – just don’t forget to tip the delivery crew!
- Lounges: during various hours, you can find snacks at the different bars and lounges – look for things like chips and salsa, pastries, charcuterie, cheese, wings, and cookies just to name a few.
- Additional Charge Options: While all of the aforementioned noms are included in your cruise fare, there are some that will incur an additional fee. The sweets in Vanellope’s on the Dream and Sweet on You on the Fantasy or the snack bars by the theaters will cost extra. Palo (all four ships) and Remy (Dream and Fantasy) are adult only restaurants that offer brunch and dinner, require reservations, and are quite arguably both worth the extra charge!
If you are hungry now, sorry!!! Where’s your favorite place to nosh onboard? Let me know in the comments!
Special thanks to Scott Sanders of the Disney Cruise Line Blog for assistance on this article.
Thanks for joining me again this week. “Sea” you next time!
The Disney Cruise Line Preview is brought to you by Storybook Destinations. Storybook Destinations specializes in Disney travel, is consistently highly rated by our readers, and is owned by our own blogger extraordinaire, Tammy Whiting. Storybook also offers free subscriptions to TouringPlans to clients with qualified bookings.