In March we have two special occasions to celebrate: St. Patrick’s Day (March 17, 2020) and National Women’s Month. Sprinkles at Disney Springs is celebrating both occasions with specialty cupcakes, of course. One of them tastes great, the other is a hard pass.

The St. Patrick’s Day cupcake is an Irish Coffee flavor. Our field research team did not like this cupcake, at all. The word to describe it was “horrible.”

Sprinkles Disney Springs Womens Month Cupcakes
Sprinkles Irish Coffee Cupcakes
Sprinkles Irish Coffee Cupcakes

For National Women’s Month, the specialty cupcake is much better, thankfully. Artist Ashley Longshore  created the decorations that top each of these cupcakes, celebrating women who have made an impact throughout history.

This White Chocolate Raspberry cupcake is a delicious combination of these two flavors that pair so well together. The artwork that tops each cupcake features either Gloria Steinem, Greta Thunberg, Michelle Obama, Oprah, Amelia Earhart, Wonder Woman, Princess Diana, Frida Kahlo, Toni Morrison, Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Jane Goodall, Rosa Parks, and Ashley Longshore herself. What a great bunch of influential women.

Will you stop into Sprinkles to pick up either of these specialty flavors?

Dani

Born and raised in the land of sunshine and dreams come true, Dani is a proud Orlando Native who loves sharing her hometown with others. She's worked in nearly all of Orlando's theme parks, on board Disney Cruise Line, and in hotel management. Follow her adventures on Twitter and Instagram @thisfloridalife

13 thoughts on “Two Seasonal Cupcakes at Sprinkles Disney Springs – One is a Hit, The Other is a Miss

• March 8, 2020 at 1:30 pm

No, because I don’t support businesses who push leftist propaganda. It’s a shame, because I love Spinkles cupcakes. They should have stayed apolitical.

• March 8, 2020 at 4:48 pm

Noted leftist Ronald Reagan signed the initial, bipartisan legislation in 1982 that got the ball rolling for National Women’s Day. Later, well-known liberals George W Bush and Donald J Trump proclaimed March as “National Women’s Month” – every year – along with Clinton and Obama.

I was going to delete Proud Conservative’s comment, but I’m going to leave it as a monument to stupidity.

• March 8, 2020 at 7:44 pm

Although I cannot top the comments provided by Len, I wanted to take a moment to provide my thoughts as well. As a woman I find it astounding that showing support for influential women is somehow seen as political, rather than simply showing support for fellow humans. You are certainly welcome to feel any way you wish – and perhaps your comment isn’t actually genuine, but just meant to get attention. Just know, I will be heading to Sprinkles to purchase a substantial quantity of these “political” cupcakes so I can share them with the important women in my life. Thanks for the inspiration.

• March 8, 2020 at 2:30 pm

So, Proud Conservative, your mother and grandmother are no doubt very proud to know you feel the women in your life should not be celebrated and acknowledged. Good grief. There is nothing political about this. It’s just a tip of the hat to half the population. You probably regard President’s day as non-political??

• March 8, 2020 at 9:52 pm

Dani can’t you just the comments that are stupid? Proud conservative– God help us!
    I’m glad those political women’s cupcakes taste good!☺

• March 8, 2020 at 11:05 pm

Thank you, Len and Dani. Well said. I too will be sure to buy extra cupcakes to make up for what “Proud Conservative” doesn’t buy. I have a feeling Sprinkles will come out ahead on this!

• March 9, 2020 at 1:11 am

I find the choice of subjects to be a bit odd. Wonder Woman seems a bit incongruous among real people. Also, I don’t think of Greta Thunberg as a notable figure in women’s rights. If they were looking for a young person to feature, I’d think Malala Yousafzai would be more appropriate.

• March 9, 2020 at 12:21 pm

I’m pretty sure “Proud Conservative” was referring to the subjects on the cupcakes being, by and large, from the left side of the political spectrum (which most are). I’m also pretty sure everyone feigning shock, offense, etc. knew that. A business can tout who and what they choose. I’ve no problem with that. But if we’re celebrating women, why not celebrate Sandra Day O’Connor, the FIRST woman on the Supreme Court (instead of RBG)? If we’re celebrating women, why not Margaret Thatcher, the FIRST British Prime Minister (instead of a very controversial Greta Thunberg).

“Proud Conservative’s” comment was not a “monument to stupidity”. It could have been explained a bit better, but it’s a bigger leap to assume he/she was talking about the actual day/month than it is to discern he/she was talking about the subject of the actual cupcakes.

• March 9, 2020 at 12:52 pm

Thank you, MDriver. I appreciate you adding this perspective to this debate.

• March 9, 2020 at 11:55 pm

I agree MDriver, I looked at that list of ‘inspiration women’ and kind of cringed. I totally support Women’s Rights (as a woman myself), but Greta? Ugh. Michele Obama? What has she done that I should honor her for? There are so many genuinely outstanding (and overlooked) women out there in history, and this is who is picked? That’s a sad commentary on the state of women role models if this is all we’ve got. How about Madame Curie or Sally Ride?

• March 11, 2020 at 8:09 am

Tia, a quick way to learn about Michelle Obama’s accomplishments is to google the phrase “Michelle Obama accomplishments”. You don’t even need to capitalize the words – Google will figure out what you mean. Click on the first link you see, which is probably Wikipedia’s entry. I read it and learned a lot about this fabulous woman.

• March 11, 2020 at 8:28 am

MDriver, I stand by my comments. Anyone using the phrase “leftist propaganda” in this context is stupid. There’s no possible defense of that phrase here.

I note that many of the choices in Sprinkles’ list correspond to entries in Gallup’s annual poll of most admired women: https://news.gallup.com/poll/1678/most-admired-man-woman.aspx.

In particular, Michelle Obama ranks first in that poll; Oprah is third; Greta Thunberg is fifth; RBG is eighth.

A remarkable thing about that poll is that the vast majority of the top 10 are what Americans would consider liberals or progressives. The other two are Melania Trump and Queen Elizabeth, and I’m not sure about the queen’s political views. Still, conservatives should ask themselves what makes these women admirable to the public, and in particular to other women.

In the spirit of remaining apolitical, I’m all for a Melania Trump cupcake. Something about anti-bullying would be great, since that seems to be her major initiative.

The Queen Elizabeth cupcake would need to come with a spectacular fondant hat.

• March 12, 2020 at 9:29 pm

Len,
    I have always been a big fan and I am even more so now. You are spot on. Thank you for being so articulate and not letting the ignorance go on without being challenged.