Mere weeks after the transformation of Disney’s Hollywood Studios reached its completion, the whole of Walt Disney World had to shut down. And while the reason is understandable, it is still a little frustrating that we aren’t able to finally enjoy the park’s transformation. If we can’t be there, at least we can daydream about it and discuss some of the things that make this park fun and entertaining. Disney’s Hollywood Studios has had a rough time “glowing up” – it has been lovingly teased for its lack of attractions and lack of cohesive theme. But, one would hope those days are gone, and hopefully these Top 3 Lists will help.
In previous weeks, I’ve compiled Top 3 Lists for Magic Kingdom and EPCOT. Now, it is time to head to Hollywood! These Top 3 lists are a combination of data from our TouringPlans system, data from our TouringPlans surveys, and a sprinkle of personal preference – but not too much, because science!
The Top 3 Attractions For Using FastPass+ at Disney’s Hollywood Studios (Thrills)
- Tower of Terror
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster (though, single rider line is often available)
The Top 3 Attractions For Using FastPass+ at Disney’s Hollywood Studios (For All Ages)
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Toy Story Mania
- For the First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
The Top 3 Attractions You Can Do Without a FastPass+ at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Any and all shows
- Muppet Vision 3*D
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
The Top 3 Attractions For Taking a Break at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Walt Disney Presents / One Man’s Dream
- Voyage of The Little Mermaid
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular – although seating is in an outdoor theater
The Top 3 Desserts at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Shake from Tune-In Lounge / 50’s Prime Time Cafe
- Woody’s Lunch Box Tart from Woody’s Lunch Box
- Carrot Cake Cookie from Trolley Car Cafe (recipe is not what it used to be, but it is still good)
The Top 3 Adult Beverages at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Grandma’s Picnic Punch from Tune-In Lounge / 50’s Prime Time Cafe
- Grapefruit Cake Martini from The Brown Derby Lounge
- Fuzzy Tauntaun at Oga’s Cantina
The Top 3 Character Experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Free roaming Star Wars characters at Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge
- Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse at Red Carpet Dreams
- Character dining at Hollywood and Vine
It is important to note that the brand new Rise of Resistance attraction is not on any of these Top 3 Lists. This breathtaking attraction stands out on its own, and is certainly a must-do. It does require a specific strategy, which you can read about here – keep in mind this may or may not change once the park reopens.
What do you think of our Top 3 lists for Disney’s Hollywood Studios? In creating them we consulted our TouringPlans Surveys, which are available for you to include your input anytime! Using this information and feedback helps us provide the best data and insight to save you time on your time vacation. You can learn more about the best strategies for enjoying a day at Disney’s Hollywood Studios here.