In just a few short weeks, the holiday season will be upon us at the Walt Disney World Resort. The majority of the holiday events will kick off on November 6, with the last of the holiday festivities kicking off on November 27, with the Taste of the EPCOT Festival of the Holidays. This year, Guests will be able to celebrate with a number of festivities, including a cookie stroll, Holiday Kitchens, entertainment, and more. As a reminder, due to distancing concerns, the Candlelight Processional will not be taking place this year. Here’s what Guests can expect:
- JOYFUL! A Celebration of the Season: In World Showplace, Guests will be able to experience the joy of Christmas and Kwanzaa with the Gospel, R&B and holiday songs performed by this vocal ensemble.
- Voices of Liberty – Voices of the Season: Enjoy festive a cappella holiday music of the Voices of Liberty dressed as Dickens Carolers at the America Gardens Theatre
- Las Posadas with Mariachi Cobre: A pair of colorful dancers join this exuberant band for Las Posadas, a celebration of Mexican holiday customs at the America Gardens Theatre
- JAMMitors: The rhythmic clean-up crew rocks the Mill Stage at the Canada Pavilion with playful percussion
- Santa Claus Promenade: See Santa as he takes a grand tour around World Showcase in his horse-drawn carriage from November 27 – December 24.
- Mickey and Friends World Tour: Around World Showcase, you may spot Mickey and his friends out dressed in their holiday finest from November 27 – December 30.
- Frozen Promenade: Queen Anna and Elsa will discover the spirit of the holidays from November 27 – December 30.
Holiday Cookie Stroll
Find the 5 official Holiday Cookie Stroll locations. Each stop will offer a delicious dessert for purchase and a stamp for your Festival Passport. Once you’ve collected 5 stamps, bring your Passport to the Sweets & Treats Holiday Kitchen to receive a complimentary Peppermint Minnie Cookie!
Official Cookie Stroll Locations:
- Bavaria Holiday Kitchen at the Germany Pavilion – Linzer Cookie
- American Holiday Table at the America Pavilion – Chocolate Crinkle Cookie
- Yukon Holiday Kitchen at the Canada Pavilion – Peppermint Pinwheel Cookie
- Festival Favorites at the World Showplace. – Gingerbread Cookie
- L’Chaim Holiday Kitchen between the Morocco and France Pavilions – Black-and-White Cookie
Olaf’s Holiday Tradition Expedition
This year, Guests will be able to enjoy a quest around World Showcase hunting for holiday traditions that Olaf has gathered for Anna and Elsa—and lost—along the way! To help him Guests can purchase a Scavenger Hunt map and stickers ($7.99) at participating locations, including Disney Traders, Mouse Gear, World Traveler and Port of Entry. You can also find them at Stroller Rental locations at the Main Entrance and at International Gateway, as well as the merchandise cart in the Canada Pavilion. Guests can search for Olaf in each pavilion, then match the tradition on his sleigh to the location on your sticker map. Once you have found all of the traditions, visit Disney Traders, Mouse Gear or World Traveler to redeem your map for a gift (while supplies last).
More Holiday Fun
Guests will be able to see a a realistic gingerbread city created by real Disney chefs in World Showplace! This patriotic display pays homage to some of the nation’s most iconic landmarks including the United States Capitol Building, the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial, and a 5-foot tall Washington Monument.
The holiday kitchens will be located throughout World Showcase, including three kitchens inside World ShowPlace Pavilion. Guests will be able to stop at booths like the American Holiday Table, the Bavaria Holiday Kitchen, and the Yukon Holiday Kitchen. The full list of holiday kitchens have been released, however the menus have not. These Stay tuned, as we’ll be sharing those with you soon!
The EPCOT Festival of the Holidays takes place from November 27 through December 30.