The Christmas season is our absolute favorite time of the year. Growing up, one of the little things I loved most was getting an Advent calendar and counting down the days until Santa would be coming down the chimney. As I grew older, I had to leave Advent calendars in the rear view mirror,* but I still miss that daily countdown building anticipation to the big day. So, we’re going to start a virtual Advent calendar here at TouringPlans. For 2022, we are going to countdown our favorite drinks at Walt Disney World and the Universal Orlando Resort.
Criteria: Drinks can be alcoholic or nonalcoholic. Drinks can come from any venue on the property. Bonus points are awarded for the atmosphere where the drink is served. Any drink with glow cubes is immediately disqualified. Ready? Let’s go!
The Drink – Classic Milk Shake
Location – Shakes Malt Shoppe at Cabana Bay Beach Resort
CLASSIC SHAKE – Ingredients: Choice of vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry ice cream, whipped cream, and a cherry.
We already mentioned in our look at Swizzle Rum Punch that Cabana Bay is HANDS DOWN our favorite “value resort” in all of Orlando, and this past week it got even better with the opening of Shakes Malt Shoppe.
With the retro-theming of Cabana Bay, we went with a strawberry Classic Shake (also available in vanilla and chocolate.)
Not only are milkshakes available, but ice cream floats and smoothies!
Shakes is located in the same area as Bayliner Diner, on the opposite end of the seating area.
Cones and sundaes are also available.
Look at this murder’s row of toppings.
Shakes also has many grab & go items, including donuts, muffins, assorted pastries, fruit, chips, and various drinks.
I didn’t think it was possible, but somehow Cabana Bay got even better. Universal Creative may be replacing Santa himself on my personal Nice List.
25 Drinks of Christmas TouringPlans Brought to Me…
- Day 1 – Duck Duck Razz at THE BOATHOUSE
- Day 2 – Grown-Ups Lemonade at Woody’s Boathouse
- Day 3 – Yub Nub at Oga’s Cantina
- Day 4 – Isla Nubar in Jurassic Park
- Day 5 – Bam’s Barnstormer at Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar
- Day 6 – Santa’s Cookies & Milkshake at Toothsome Chocolate Emporium
- Day 7 – Lost on Safari at Dawa Bar
- Day 8 – SKYLINER SERIES Category 5 at Hurricane Hannah’s
- Day 9 – SKYLINER SERIES Almande Grog at Bar Riva
- Day 10 – SKYLINER SERIES Banana Cabana at Banana Cabana
- Day 11 – SKYLINER SERIES Boubon Breeze at PetalsDay
- Day 12 – Disco H2O at Endless Summer
- Day 13 – Lost Lanes Lager at Splitsville
- Day 14 – Grinch Hot Cocoa at Seuss Landing
- Day 15 – Blue Milk at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Day 16 – Hawkes’ Grog Ale at Pandora the World of Avatar
- Day 17 – Mai Tai at Strong Water Tavern
- Day 18 – Swizzle Rum Punch at Swizzle Lounge
- Day 19 – Enchanted Orange Dream at Skipper Canteen
- Day 20 – Snow Leopard Salvation at Nomad Lounge
- Day 21 – Old Fashioned at Hollywood Brown Derby
- Day 22 – Peanut Butter & Jelly milkshake at Shakes Malt Shoppe
See you tomorrow for the next entry into the 25 Drinks of Christmas Countdown, where we are going to head across the street from Cabana over to Aventura Hotel. If you had fun, be sure to check out any of our other fun series including Theme Park Hills to Die On, the adventures of David & Derek (theme park’s Goofus & Gallant,) or the famous (infamous?) Theme Park Turkeys of the Year awards. for your listening pleasure, check out the Parkscope Podcast. Your humble author can also be seen producing typos at an inhuman rate on Twitter: @derekburgan
The 25 Drinks of Christmas series couldn’t be done without an All Star team behind us including world class photographers Michael Carelli, Brandon Glover, Scott Sanders, and Hedghehog’s Corner. The drink listing came from a double-secret blue ribbon panel comprised of SAT SIX Fun Squaders including: Megan Stump, Nitro230,The Man Formerly Known as @DrunkAtDisney, Bethany Vinton, Parkscope Joe and Parkscope Nick. As always, Digital Maestro Scott Walker was the cherry on top of the sundae.
*That is an absolute lie. I still buy an advent calendar every year with chocolates in it, and I also buy an annual box of Christmas Crunch, but we’ll keep that between us.