It’s July, which means we already need to start thinking about ringing in 2019!
Once again, Disney’s Contemporary Resort will be offering special parties to celebrate this year’s New Year Eve festivities!
Pixar Party: A New Year’s Eve Celebration
The first event will be the Pixar Party: A New Year’s Eve Celebration. This event is recommended for families and will take place from 8:00 p.m. until 12:15 a.m. Guests will be welcomed by Sarge from Toy Story and then be swept into the fun. Activities will include:
- Meeting characters and seeing decorations from “Inside Out,” “The Incredibles,” “Finding Nemo” and “Up”
- Kids’ activities, including Boot Camp with Sarge, Pixar Face Painting and a balloon artist creating favorite Pixar characters
- An interactive DJ spinning Radio Disney hits from his Cars-inspired DJ Rig, complete with tires and road signs right out of Radiator Springs
- A buffet dinner, including Woody’s Favorite Lemon Thyme Chicken Breast, Wall-E’s Pan Seared Mahi-Mahi, Rex’s Manhattan Filet, Sulley’s Beast White Cheddar Baked Mac & Cheese, build-your-own salad options, desserts, kids’ favorites like chicken fingers and more
- A viewing of the Magic Kingdom New Year’s Eve fireworks
Tickets for the Pixar Party: A New Year’s Eve Celebration are $190 per person, including tax and gratuity.
Disney Countdown to Midnight
The second event is the Disney Countdown to Midnight. This will also occur from 8:00 p.m. until 12:15 a.m. and is geared more towards adults. Guests will be able to discover a world sparkling with magic. There will be a Mickey Mouse mirror ball, Disney Character topiaries, a high-energy New Year’s Bash Band and a live DJ providing music all night long. Other events will include:
- A “cheftainment” station featuring a seasonal menu inspired by some Disney Signature Dining restaurants
- A special appearance by Mickey and Minnie
- At the end of the night, guests will be invited out to the porte cochère, where they will receive a Champagne flute and welcome 2019 with a viewing of the famous Magic Kingdom New Year’s Eve fireworks.
Tickets for the Disney Countdown to Midnight are $275, including tax and gratuity.
Ink and Paint Club
In addition, there will be a VIP enhancement for the Disney Countdown to Midnight party called the Ink and Paint Club experience which will take place from 7:00 p.m. – 12:15 a.m. The Ink and Paint Club will be offer a special reception begins prior to the opening of the main event. At the Ink and Paint Club, guests will step back in time into a vintage Disney Animation-inspired room with silver Chiavari chairs, metallic tables and references to classic Disney Animation filling the room. Ticketed guests can visit the lounge throughout the evening, starting with a featured reception from 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
The special reception will include:
- Photo opportunities with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse with a unique Disney Animation backdrop
- A pianist providing live entertainment
- Chef stations featuring king crab, tuna tartare, sheep’s milk ricotta gnocchi, cocktails, Champagne, cordials and more
- Reserved seating in the Disney Countdown to Midnight Party when it opens at 8:00 p.m.
Disney Ink & Paint Club is only available as a part of an enhanced ticket that includes access to both the Disney Countdown to Midnight and the Ink & Paint Club for $450 total per guest. Access to Ink & Paint Club must be purchased concurrently with the Disney Countdown to Midnight ticket and cannot be added on at a later date.
To purchase tickets to any of these New Year’s Eve events, call (407) WDW-DINE.