Welcome to February! Time for Valentine’s Day and several other special events! Let’s take a quick look at what to expect this month at Disneyland Resort.
- Disneyland After Dark has two more sessions at Disneyland Park in February. This month, it’s Sweetheart’s Nite on February 12 and 13, which will feature “Love song-themed dance parties,” character couple meet and greets, romantic photo opportunities, and, of course, decor, food, and merchandise fit for the mood. This hard-ticket event will take place at Disneyland Park and costs $109. Advanced purchase is strongly recommended, as these events tend to sell out. You can find more details and purchase tickets on Disney’s site.
- The Super Bowl is February 2 and while there’s nothing particularly special about that day from a parks standpoint, the following day could host a victory parade and be much busier than usual as a result, depending upon who wins. This year, the San Francisco 49ers are playing the Kansas City Chiefs. If the 49ers win, there is a decent chance that the victory parade will be in Disneyland, since it’s a California team. If the Chiefs win, one would assume it’ll be in Florida since the team will already be in Miami for the game.
- The Chinese Lunar New Year festival continues at Disneyland! Through February 9, Disney’s California Adventure will honor the Lunar New Year in a celebration of Chinese, Vietnamese, and Korean culture. In addition to Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession (a parade of entertainers), keep your eyes open for festive decor, special menus featuring Asian cuisine, characters dressed in special costumes for the occasion, and other holiday fun. You can find more details here, and make sure you check out Disney’s site for the most up-to-date information.
- Do you enjoy the idea of Dapper Day, but your taste trends a bit darker? Perhaps Villain Day: Stalk Around the Park is more your speed. This unofficial villain-themed Disney-bounding event takes place on February 22, 2020.
- Disneyland’s new parade, “Magic Happens” launches on February 28. You can check out our preview of the new offering here.
- Disney’s California Adventure Food & Wine Festival also kicks off on February 28. Get an early look at what to expect this year here.
- The month as a whole should see modest crowds (with the caveat that crowds coming to experience Rise of the Resistance remains a wildcard), but we are anticipating higher crowds the weekend of January 17-20, as that marks both the opening weekend of Rise and Martin Luther King Jr. birthday weekend.
There are a couple of room-only discounts available at Disneyland Resort that are currently available.
Discount information is courtesy of Small World Vacations
- For stays of 4 days or longer, you can save 25% on your room at the Grand Californian or Disneyland Hotel through April 16, 2020. Details can be found at Small World Vacations.
- For stays Sunday through Thursday, you can save up to 25% on your room at any of the three Disney hotels through April 16, 2020. Details can again be found at Small World Vacations.
Contact Small World Vacations to book any of these discounts today.
- Snow White’s Scary Adventures, Haunted Mansion, and King Arthur Carousel remain on an extended refurbishment throughout the month of February.
- Sailing Ship Columbia will be down briefly from February 3-7.
Disney’s California Adventure
- Grizzly River Run remains offline through the month of February.
- Red Car Trolley remains offline until Spring 2020.
Are you excited to visit Disneyland this month? Let us know about it in the comments!