St. Patrick’s Day is barely over, but Disney’s Grand Floridian has already rolled out a long list of Easter treats. At Gasparilla Island Grill you can choose from lots of springtime and bunny themed desserts. Ivonne on our team hopped over to Grand Floridian to check out some of the Easter displays and fueled up on some of the new treats.
Here’s what’s was ordered:
- The Grand Egg – White Chocolate Egg filled with Jelly Beans – $16.99
- Miniature Bunny Cake – Individual serving size Bunny Confetti Cake with Vanilla Buttercream – $7.99
- Easter Egg Hunt Cupcake – Carrot Cake Cupcake with Marshmallow Filling topped with Buttercream, Jelly Beans, and a Chocolate Bunny – $5.99
The Grand Egg is certainly a grand gesture at $16.99. It is similar to the chocolate piñatas we often find at The Ganachery Chocolate Shoppe at Disney Springs, though not as fancy. It is white chocolate, and hollow inside with Jelly Belly brand jelly beans. It’s not all that impressive, but if you want something fun and different to share as a family then it’ll serve its purpose.
The Miniature Bunny Cake is an individual serving of confetti cake with rich vanilla frosting. If you’re a frosting fan, this bunny cake will put a bounce in your step. There’s lots of frosting on top, around the cake, and a decent amount in between the layers.
The winner of the trio of treats is the Easter Egg Hunt Cupcake. Not only is it adorable, but it is delicious. Carrot cake fans need to put this cupcake on their list. The marshmallow filling helps break up the carrot cake, without distracting from it. The details on top are precious.
Besides the yummy treats that Ivonne tried there’s still even more treats. Note that on Ivonne’s visit none of these treats were available through mobile ordering. We saw that they were listed on Gasparilla Island Grill’s menu. Ivonne asked one of the Cast Members about them and they were able to ring them up.
- Bunny Box – Dark Chocolate Bunny with Petite Easter Egg Cakes and foil-wrapped Chocolate Eggs – $16.99
- Carrot Blondie Pop – Brown Sugar-Butter Cake Bar on a Lollipop Stick decorated like a Carrot – $4.99
- Pastel Mickey Whoopie Pie – Spring-colored Vanilla Icing sandwiched between Buttery Pastel Vanilla Sponge Cake – $4.99
- Marshmallow Bunny Tail Pops – Jumbo Marshmallows dipped in Pastel Chocolate with Springtime Sprinkles – Price not listed
Which of these Easter treats sounds best to you? Let us know in the comments!