Staying outside as much as possible is important to many Disney fans, myself included, during this time. And while I have mixed emotions about the prospect of returning to Walt Disney World, it helps to think about all the outdoor activities that are in each park. We’ve covered the outdoor activities at Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Now, it’s time to go wild!
It should come as no surprise that Disney’s Animal Kingdom has a whole lot of outdoor activities. It is the one theme park that is truly centered around the natural world, and because of this many of its attractions are outside.
Best Outdoor Rides at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Kali River Rapids
- Expedition Everest (some indoor portions)
- TriceraTop Spin
- Wildlife Express
Best Outdoor Animal Experiences at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail
- Maharajah Jungle Trek
- Discovery Island Trails
- The Oasis Exhibits
- Flights of Wonder bird encounter
- Feather Friends in Flight Show (previously the UP – A Great Bird Adventure show)
- Affection Section – currently you can look, but not touch at this petting zoo area
Other Outdoor Experiences at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Character cavalcades on the Discovery River
- Explore the details of Harambe Village
- Explore the details of Anandapur
- Use the Discovery Island Trails to get up close and personal with the Tree of Life so you can examine the carvings
- Wilderness Explorers – great kid’s activity program throughout the park, modified with physical distancing
There are lots of ways to have fun outside at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
Did I miss your favorite outdoor activity? Let us know in the comments!