Last week Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom began reopening. It is a strange mix of excitement, relief, trepidation, and concern that myself and many other Disney fans are feeling right now. One of the ways I am working through my concerns is to focus on the attractions and activities that are outdoors. If you prefer to remain outside as much as possible, you may find it helpful to think about the best outdoor activities at Walt Disney World.
We’ve looked at the outdoor activities at Magic Kingdom and at EPCOT (a decidedly not-outdoor-friendly park), so now it is time to head to Hollywood. Because Disney’s Hollywood Studios is focused on show business, most attractions are indoors. Still, there’s lots of outdoor fun to be found. The two areas with the most outdoor activities in Disney’s Hollywood Studios are also the two newest lands.
Best Outdoor Activities in Toy Story Land
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- Explore the details like the giant shoe prints in the pathways–you are the size of a toy here after all
Best Outdoor Activities in Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge
- Sadly the characters like Rey and the Stormtroopers may not roam around in the crowds, but thankfully there are plenty of spots for them to do physically distant appearances
- Stroll Black Spire Outpost Marketplace
- Play the Star Wars Datapad game inside the Disney Play App to interact with the entire land
- Explore all the details and take in the sounds all around you
Best Outdoor Activities Throughout Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Explore the windows and storefronts on Grand Avenue, a few remnants of the former Streets of America area
- Explore the details in the Muppets area of Grand Avenue
- Check out the celebrity hand prints in front of the Chinese Theater
- Explore the windows of Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards – look up and see tributes to movie characters and important Disney Imagineers and other personnel
- Although details have not been announced, it stands to reason there will be character cavalcades as we’ve seen in other parks
With a little creativity there is a quite a bit to enjoy outside at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Did I miss anything? Let us know in the comments.