This is it. In my opinion, this is the very place to view the Magic Kingdom fireworks outside of the Magic Kingdom Park. This is at the Contemporary Resort, just outside the 4th floor. Exit by the back of the gift shops and stop before you get to the bridge to Bay Lake Tower.
You can see the Magic Kingdom fireworks from spots at the Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, and Fort Wilderness, but this is the best because:
- It’s Elevated. There are viewing spots on the beach areas at all the monorail hotels and Fort Wilderness, but an elevated view is much better. Much of the fireworks show is actually projections on the castle. You can’t really see that from the beach, or anywhere on ground level.
- It’s Free. Sure, you can see the fireworks from the California Grill at the Contemporary, but we don’t always have the time or money to do that.
- It’s Open to All. The Top of the World Lounge at Bay Lake Tower is a good viewing spot, but if you’re not a DVC member, then you’re out of luck.
- You Can Hear the Music. Some, but not all, Magic Kingdom fireworks locations have the show music piped in; this is one of them.
- Transportation is Easy. From this spot, you’re just steps away from the monorail line. Or if you need a bus, you can walk less than ten minutes to be back at the main Magic Kingdom bus stop.
- There’s Seating. Look, real chairs! You don’t have to worry about getting dirty or wet as you would sitting on the grass or sand elsewhere.
- It’s Partly Under Cover. Some of this area is under an overhang, meaning you’re protected from the elements if it happens to be spritzing.
What do you think? Do you have a favorite out-of-the-park fireworks viewing spot? Let us know in the comments.