Choosing the right Disney hotel for your family can seem pretty daunting. One of the reasons I love Disney’s Moderate Resorts is that they provide a little bit of everything a Disney resort has to offer. Disney’s Caribbean Beach is the original moderate resort. Over the years lots of improvements have been made. But like anything there are some good points and some weak points. Here are the pros and cons of staying at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort.
Pros of Disney’s Caribbean Beach
- Disney Skyliner access
- Easy access to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and EPCOT
- Tropical theme that matches the Florida vibes
- A man-made island, Caribbean Cay, that’s home to lots of recreation
- Pirate themed feature pool
- Kids water playground
- Three food and beverage locations
- Quiet pools near each cluster of buildings
- Well appointed rooms with relaxing décor
- Pirate themed rooms available
- Easy access to parking lots if you have a car
- Near Disney’s Riviera Resort giving you more variety in dining
Cons of Disney’s Caribbean Beach
- Spread out resort with some room locations having a very far walk to amenities
- There is a bridge across the lagoon to the amenities, but Caribbean Cay island is in the way
- Bus stops can be a far walk depending on room location
- Bus only access to Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and Disney Springs
- Buildings near each Skyliner station can experience lines and crowding near them during the morning rush
- Only Centertown Market offers takeout dining
- Food at Banana Cabana Pool Bar is currently dine-in only, drinks can be to-go
- Small bathroom, though closing the sliding doors to the vanity area helps
- Shower curtain easily comes off the rod
My family and I stayed for two nights at Disney’s Caribbean Beach in early 2021. It was our first time staying together at this resort, and my first time since the major renovation and addition of the Disney Skyliner. The convenience of the Skyliner could not be beat for us.
I utilized TouringPlans’ Room Finder and requested a few room numbers that fit our needs. I wanted a first floor, corner room near the Riviera Resort Skyliner station, but not too far from the bridge that leads to Caribbean Beach.
I requested a small list of rooms and we thankfully received one of those rooms, 5201. It was perfectly located near Riviera Resort so we could easily get to EPCOT directly, and save some steps by taking it over to the Caribbean Beach station to get to Hollywood Studios. We also grabbed a bite and some drinks at Bar Riva at Riviera Resort. Finally, we were about a ten minute walk to Centertown Market by using the bridge through Caribbean Cay.
There is a fair amount of walking to get around this resort. Our room in Aruba gave us the location we wanted. If you decide to stay at Caribbean Beach Resort be sure to use our Room Finder tool and spend some time getting to know the different room locations. And if you want a little expert help our travel team is happy to help.
Have you ever stayed at Caribbean Beach? What pros or cons would you add to this list?
First published February 4, 2021. Updated October 4, 2021.