Welcome to your one-stop shop for our news from Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Universal Theme Parks, and more.
Walt Disney World News of the Week
- We have results from our most recent Reader Surveys and have your picks for the best Quick Service restaurants at Walt Disney World. Some of the results were surprising. If you’re interested in restaurant rankings, you may also want to check out our readers’ choices for the best Table Service restaurants at Walt Disney World.
- The are changes afoot to the nighttime show at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Rivers of Light is being rebranded to Rivers of Light: We are One, featuring stories and characters from the Disney universe. This sort of change seemed all but inevitable, but we still have mixed feelings about it. What are your thoughts?
- Our intrepid vlogger Angela Dahlgren took a tour of the Cabins at Copper Creek at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. They are absolutely stunning! Is a stay at the cabins on your bucket list?
- Disney is offering room discounts this summer. Does one of them work for your travel dates?
- James Rosemergy gives us the complete scoop on what to expect during a RunDisney race at Walt Disney World–including his experience with the unexpected. If you’re not ready to race, I can attest from personal experience that cheering for the athletes can be just as rewarding as running yourself, and it’s a lot easier on the knees.
- Brian and Angela discuss everything you want to know about The Land pavilion at Epcot on episode 22 of the Touring Plans Podcast.
- Boo to you, Hallowishes. A new fireworks show is on deck for this year’s Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. The show doesn’t have a name yet. What are your suggestions?
- Brian and a black swan show us how to navigate morning Extra Magic Hours at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Brian answers questions about summer discounts, Galaxy’s Edge, and more on YouTube.
Disneyland News of the Week
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic is now open at Disney California Adventure. West coast folks can now know the wonder of seeing Donald Duck’s wiggly butt. Really.
- Guest Saturday Six blogger Joseph Matt took a look at crazy Disney theme park moments on TV. Any post that includes a reference to Tony Danza is a boss post in my book. (Tony Danza – Who’s the Boss? Oh, never mind.)
- Did you know that to get ready for Galaxy’s Edge, Brian and Angela have been doing a full rewatch of all the Star Wars movies? You can watch along and discuss the films with them on our YouTube channel. This is what they’ve done so far:
And here’s what’s happening in the week ahead.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios is celebrating its 30th birthday on May 1. When it was still Disney MGM Studios, the opening day attractions included the now defunct Great Movie Ride and Studios Backlot Tour (sniff). Those are now gone and we’re gearing up for the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. What do you think of the change in direction at DHS?
- Also on May 1, new park rules go into effect for stroller size, smoking areas, and coolers with ice. You may want to take a look before you inadvertently break a new rule. And for a refresher on the old rules about park prohibitions, check out our post on Disney World prohibited items.
- For more detailed information about the week ahead in various locations, see:
For complete access to all of our great vacation-planning tools like the Crowd Calendar, customizable Touring Plans, Cheapest Ticket Calculator, Dining Reservation Finder, Hotel Room Request automator, and MORE, subscribe to TouringPlans.com.