Welcome to your one-stop shop for our news from Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Universal Orlando, and more.
This week at Walt Disney World, with the opening of Galaxy’s Edge, the start of the annual Epcot Food & Wine Festival, and a holiday weekend should have been the perfect storm of crowds and chaos, but an impending actual storm put a damper on crowds with easy access to most attractions as many guests chose to leave early or delay their trips.
As Hurricane Dorian approaches Florida, we send our best to all cast members and area residents. Stay safe!
- Initial Information on Hurricane Dorian.
- Hurricane Dorian Update #1
- Hurricane Dorian Update #2
- Epcot construction prep for Dorian.
Walt Disney World News of the Week
- The Great Irish Hooley is returning to Raglan Road.
- There’s so much Food & Wine merchandise!
- Check out this year’s Food & Wine Dooney & Bourke bags.
- It’s La Cava Del Tequila’s 10th Anniversary.
- There’s NEW Food & Wine merchandise.
- There’s a new Cider Bar in the Canada Pavilion at Epcot for the Food & Wine Festival .
- How to maximize your Food & Wine experience? Go left.
- Here’s what happened at WDW Galaxy’s Edge on opening day.
- There were Galaxy’s Edge opening day limited release pins, tees, and more.
- More news about Galaxy’s Edge merchandise at Walt Disney World.
- Yes, we did get to Hollywood Studios at 4:00 a.m. to show you Galaxy’s Edge on opening day.
- There are lots of Star Wars-themed snacks at DHS to celebrate Galaxy’s Edge.
- VIDEO: This is what we knew about Galaxy’s Edge prior to opening day.
- There are Orlando Magical Dining Month specials at Maria & Enzo’s.
- Here are tips on handling the weather at Galaxy’s Edge.
- Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club has a breakfast buffet with a twist.
- TSA momentarily banned Galaxy’s Edge Coke bottles. (Spoiler Alert: They changed their minds.)
- Here’s a first look at Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- It’s Pumpkin Spice Latte Season at Disney World!
- Here’s Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities.
- Applications are opening soon for the Disney Parks Moms Panel.
- VIDEO: Brian recaps ALL the news from last week’s D23 Disney fan event.
- WDW Galaxy’s Edge offered a virtual queue.
- Wine Bar George is offering a Magical Dining Menu.
- There’s a treasure trove of souvenirs at the Yacht Club resort.
- Tickets are now on sale for the new Cirque du Soleil show at Disney Springs.
- We talk Annual Passes with Jen Lefforge on the TouringPlans podcast.
- Are WDW and DCL worth the risk during hurricane season?
- New Concept Art for Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge
- Here are details for the upcoming Star Wars hotel.
- Disney’s Genie will help guests plan trips.
- Upon refurbishment, Epcot will have themed neighborhoods.
- Here’s the scoop on Epcot’s World of Nature neighborhood.
- Here’s the news about Epcot’s World of Discovery.
- And there will be a World of Celebration at Epcot.
- Spaceship Earth will undergo a massive refurbishment.
- New lands are coming to Epcot.
- Now we know more about Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway.
- Everything You Need to Know About Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Here are tips for gluten-sensitive dining at the Epcot Food & Wine festival.
- The new NBA Experience at Disney Springs has some hits and misses.
Disneyland News of the Week
- This is what to expect from the upcoming Avengers Campus at California Adventure.
- A new parade is coming to Disneyland.
- VIDEO: Top 5 Rides in Disneyland (But Not Found in Walt Disney World)
Disney Cruise Line
- Here’s a first look at Disney’s second private island.
- The first of Disney’s new cruise ships has a name!
Universal Florida News of the Week
- Ultimate Halloween Horror Nights 29 Guide, Part 1: Planning
- Ultimate Halloween Horror Nights 29 Guide, Part 2: Touring
- Limited edition SHAG designer ears are now available.
- Dress to impress with this Vader dress.
- Here’s a MagicBand you can sink your teeth into.
- These princess shirts have us saying, “What??”
- There’s clothing for those with Star Wars spirit.
- Derek’s Disney Outlet report never disappoints!
- The Saturday Six looks at D23 announcements via memes.
The Week Ahead
If you’re planning to the visit to the parks soon, here’s what’s going on this week.
- The week ahead at Walt Disney World
- The week ahead at Disneyland
- The week ahead at Universal Orlando
- The week ahead on Disney Cruise Line
Save time! Save money! Have fun! For complete access to all of our great vacation-planning tools like the Crowd Calendar, customizable Touring Plans, Cheapest Ticket Calculator, Dining Reservation Finder, Hotel Room Request automator, and MORE, subscribe to TouringPlans.com.