TouringPlans is known for saving clients time and money. Over the past 20 years, we’ve used math and science to build industry-leading tools such as computer-optimized theme park touring plans, crowd calendars, and hotel room views. We’ve helped write the book on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and the Disney Cruise Line.
Our approach to running a travel agency is the same. We’re now building systems and processes to make the booking process better for clients and agents. New agents should expect to help test, implement, and use these systems.
Things to Know About the Agency
- Agents are expected to act in the client’s best interest. Sometimes that means advising a client to book outside our agency, or to recommend something that lowers your overall commission. We think this is a valuable long-term strategy, because the next time that client needs an objective opinion, they’ll contact you first for advice.
- We offer benefits to our agents that other travel agencies don’t. Things like that come in handy during unexpected events (you know, like a pandemic) when your clients aren’t traveling.
- Your commission split is based on the agency’s full commission rate. If our commission rate is 16% for a supplier, your commission split is based on the entire 16%.
- We spend around $1 million every year on basic research for theme parks and cruises. When you join us, you’ll have the support of a large, experienced team of daily in-park researchers, software developers, data scientists, blog writers, and social media staff.
- You’ll have the opportunity to join weekly update calls with the entire team. We’re a transparent organization, which means we discuss everything from company financials, to product issues, to long-term strategy on these calls. Your opinion will be heard and valued.
- TouringPlans strongly supports a diverse staff and workplace culture. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Many agents will be understandably concerned about moving agencies and we will gladly help with the transition process. We have some experience and we’re happy to discuss any concerns with you. All applications and conversations will be kept confidential.
Minimum Requirements for a TouringPlans Travel Agent
- 5+ years of actively booking clients
- Theme park, cruise, and land vacation experience
- A desire to help improve Travel Agency systems and processes
- A willingness to help clients in every way possible, even if it results in that client booking elsewhere
How to Apply
The deadline to apply has passed. If you are a highly experienced Travel Agent you may still fill out an application, but we are no longer actively seeking new Destination Specialists.